Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody getting a slight 6th gear grind? It doesnt happen everytime but id say 1 of every 5 i get a slight grind going into 6th.

·
wannabe guru
1,365 Posts
yep tranny replaced no issues since

·
Court Jester
4,297 Posts
I'm just started to get a grind when I go into 6th gear under acceleration... when I shift somewhat fast... :(

If I shift slowwwwwwwwwwwww... no problem.

If the engine isn't under load, no grind.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I get a crunching noise if I go into 2-3 and my 4th some times doesn't want to inguage, it goes to 4th but it does go into gear and it just seems like there do 4th gear until I take it out of 4th and retry, had this happen many times when I was racing some1

·
Registered
154 Posts
i have the same crunching noise/feel going into second, as if its hitting a gear. Not sure if this is normal or if anyone else is experiencing this, please let me know!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
^^^sound like you may have just missed second, although i wont exclude it being a possible issue since other report issues to. sucks to here this, im at 6K and luckily have had NO issues with tranny. good luck with the replacements

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm just started to get a grind when I go into 6th gear under acceleration... when I shift somewhat fast... :(

If I shift slowwwwwwwwwwwww... no problem.

If the engine isn't under load, no grind.
^^^I have the EXACT same symptoms.

It grinds worse from 3rd (or 4th) to 6th than 5th to 6th under acceleration.

·
Court Jester
4,297 Posts
Got an app't at the dealer tomorrow....

Lets see what they say! :)

·
Court Jester
4,297 Posts
Service Manager took the car for a drive….

Came back and told me he has contacted the area Hyundai rep, plus a Hyundai engineer to come look at the car. Said something is going on in there (transmission)!

New app’t is set up for next Tuesday……

(I know this is a 2.0T thread.... but I have the 3.8 Track! :))

·
wannabe guru
1,365 Posts
and mines back again...

·
Registered
91 Posts
apt Thursday at dealer. First time they said they couldn't replicate it. Then I found out they never even put it in 6th gear. I swear they never listen to what you tell them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
so what happend? ive got a '13 2.0t rspec. same deal. i can go from 5th to 6th no problem, but it grids just a little 4th to 6th, 60% of the time

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
so what happend? ive got a '13 2.0t rspec. same deal. i can go from 5th to 6th no problem, but it grids just a little 4th to 6th, 60% of the time
Get your RPMS higher in 5th then go to 6th.

I had my trans replaced at 1600 miles.

·
Registered
37 Posts
They gave me a new transmission...no more grind, but everyone that does that, it ends up coming back...it looks like the best fix is changing to a higher quality synchro transmission fluid...that seems to completely fix it

·
Court Jester
4,297 Posts
They gave me a new transmission...no more grind, but everyone that does that, it ends up coming back...it looks like the best fix is changing to a higher quality synchro transmission fluid...that seems to completely fix it
It is hard to believe that if this was totally correct, that Hyundai wouldn't have switched fluids long ago!

I think there is a lot more going on in our trannys that Hyundai hasn't figured out a cure for! :(

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
i have 3.7k miles on mine.. no grind in 6th gear, is there anything specific i should look for? or hear? anyone know round about mileage this happened to them? Definately something i want to avoid lol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've got 20K miles on my' 2013 2.0T Base. I've noticed going from 5th to 6th is a bit tight, but nothing I feel concerned about. I was considering putting some fresh fluid in the tranny just for longevity reasons.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts