Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yea i only had 1,100 miles on my rspec before i was grinding...its good to know other cars are doing just fine...but im still going to put a more premium fluid in just to be sure

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
Yea i only had 1,100 miles on my rspec before i was grinding...its good to know other cars are doing just fine...but im still going to put a more premium fluid in just to be sure
Might want to ask the dealership to avoid warranty issues?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Get your RPMS higher in 5th then go to 6th.

I had my trans replaced at 1600 miles.
yea, if i shifted from 5th to 6th at 4k rpm's, it would grind every single time...but ive done a couple hundred miles with my new transmission and it's hold'n up so far..if the grind comes back, i'm putting in GM Synchromesh Fluid. It's getting Tons of praise from people that had grinding gears.

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
I would warranty the trans, then replace the fluid.

·
Court Jester
4,297 Posts
yea, if i shifted from 5th to 6th at 4k rpm's, it would grind every single time...but ive done a couple hundred miles with my new transmission and it's hold'n up so far..if the grind comes back, i'm putting in GM Synchromesh Fluid. It's getting Tons of praise from people that had grinding gears.
That stuff worked miracles in my RSX-S!!! :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
call me stupid, as this my first time boosting, but when I had my previous car (2kZ28) my M6 tranny would grind from second to third. Since it was out of warrantee, I had the tranny looked at by a friend mechanic that works for a GM shop. He tore the M6 apart and the synchro's were out. had them replaced along with a fork upgrade and it was smooth. But my Gen is an Auto so I cant say about our Gen's. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I recently noticed that if I shift to 6th with the rpm around 5-6 it grinds. If I wait til rpm drops to 3-4 then it doesnt do it. It didnt used to do that, did you have yours checked out?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes I recently noticed that if I shift to 6th with the rpm around 5-6 it grinds. If I wait til rpm drops to 3-4 then it doesnt do it. It didnt used to do that, did you have yours checked out?
try using GM's Synchromesh transmission fluid...ive heard a LOT of great things about it...but i didnt hear about it until After I got a new transmission...ive had it for about 3000 miles and still going strong

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
IF your still under warranty bring it to the dealer and have it replaced.

try using GM's Synchromesh transmission fluid...ive heard a LOT of great things about it...but i didnt hear about it until After I got a new transmission...ive had it for about 3000 miles and still going strong
He shouldn't do that if hes still under warranty, he could always change the fluid after getting a new trans.

·
Registered
37 Posts
IF your still under warranty bring it to the dealer and have it replaced.

He shouldn't do that if hes still under warranty, he could always change the fluid after getting a new trans.
Putting a more synthetic oil in your engine than factory, wont void your warrenty...same goes with your transmission

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
Misunderstood me, I was saying take car of the problem now, then put the better oil in.

Once you hear the grind, you should get it replaced, then put the preventive stuff in.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Run Redline MT-90..

I've been using this for years, back in the day I bought the first year of the WRX here in the states. The trans would grind going into 1st, 2nd, & 3rd.

Took it to the dealer and they said that they were going to order new 1st, 2nd, & 3rd gears. OK cool I'll drive the car until parts come in.

So then I was talking to a buddy of mine that did a lot of track time with his cars. Said to go get MT-90 redline and that will fix all issues.

Replaced the fluid with MT-90 and no grinding or any issues what so ever! I could also shift faster and smoother. I never did get the tranny worked on at Subaru, told them to send the parts back. Never had another issue, and I drove that car hard!

Now the first thing I do when I get a new car is, swap out all fluids to Redline, trans and diff's.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts