Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
MT-90 worked wonders. Got locked out of 2-3 shift all the time and grind in 5th. After fluid swap never locked out and a thud with no grind now.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm taking the car to the dealer this week and are going to insist they do a swap to the 2014 transmission. If they agree, I'll use MT-90 without a doubt.

·
Registered
140 Posts
They just replaced mine due to bad syncro's. Car shifts like a dream now, hopefully it'll last!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
I had 6th gear grind start at like 3k miles and the trans was finally replaced at 18k miles (Dealership in NY wouldn't do anything with the car because of an exhaust and intake, but my FL dealership took care of everything). After the replacement trans was in, there was a huge difference in shifting throughout all of the gears. My SA did say it was a different part number so I'm assuming it's a 2014 transmission or an updated 2013 transmission.

·
Registered
996 Posts
^^ bump, I have 3 quarts of this exact oil thinking it was the wrong type. If it's identical I would love to use it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
256 Posts
If this makes any of you feel better, changing the clutch line to a stainless steel line, flushing it out with new dot 4 fluid, then fill your transmission up with mitsubishi diaqueen fluid. It's about $120 and comes in a tin can. I didn't do a flush, just drained out all the redline, and added the diaqueen and my transmission felt like I swapped it for a different kind.. Plus diaqueen is known to protect syncho's, so when you guys get new trannies, have diaqueen laying around and bring it to a shop, not hyundai. They won't know what fluid has been in there...

·
Registered
256 Posts
oh, and i'm at 32k stock tranny, no problems, I only grind second if i spin through first then shift into second quickly.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
The hell do you all do to your transmissions. I beat on my car and the worst issue I've had with my trans is the occasional kick on the shifter I'll feel when I push it onto 6th (it'll kick back for a split second like its kicking it outta gear and then it'll slide right in afterwards)

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
The hell do you all do to your transmissions. I beat on my car and the worst issue I've had with my trans is the occasional kick on the shifter I'll feel when I push it onto 6th (it'll kick back for a split second like its kicking it outta gear and then it'll slide right in afterwards)
It's a luck thing. I'm on my third and no issues with it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
It's hit or miss. I ordered the first '13 trans that we're replacing for this 6th gear grind last week. Have only had one person with the issue, but we're gonna take care of him. In fact I think he's on this forum.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hyundai Canada has my transmission on backorder. Should get a proper ETA this week but it's possible I could be looking at like 2 months for one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Husband is having the same issue with grinding going into 6th gear. Took it to the dealer ship and they are trying to say that he needs a new clutch. We have 24K on the car. Same exact thing is happening to him as " Gotallofthem " is having. Dealer ship is saying that the clutch is not covered under warranty and want us to pay $3,000 for a new clutch. Has any found a bulletin on this problem yet?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought mine with 47k miles, and the only thing I've noticed is that there's a slight "thud" sound when I push in the clutch before I take it out of reverse after backing out of my driveway. Is the transmission problem something that could make it to over 47k miles before becoming a problem, or is it likely to rear it's ugly mug early on? Has anyone else noticed this while backing up?

·
Se habla Español
351 Posts
I bought mine with 47k miles, and the only thing I've noticed is that there's a slight "thud" sound when I push in the clutch before I take it out of reverse after backing out of my driveway. Is the transmission problem something that could make it to over 47k miles before becoming a problem, or is it likely to rear it's ugly mug early on? Has anyone else noticed this while backing up?

100% normal.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts