Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking to buy a cat-back system. I like both exhaust systems, just struggling with which one to get. I see a lot of people have the ARK system, but do not see a lot of people with 7ism. Any owners of the 7ism can share thoughts of it thus far? Even a few ARK responses would be great.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Either is great just you the search option and read up plenty of threads about both I have ark on 2.0 and love it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I did some searching afterward and see a lot of stuff on both sets. Seems the ARK system gets a lot of favor here plus they are fairly involved here (which is just nice to see.)

Getting a free down pipe and test pipe does make them seem even nicer :p

·
oh hayyy
995 Posts
I've seen both in person and I've been much more impressed with Ark's quality. Not to say the 7ism is poor quality.

Also, with Ark being very active on the forums and having a great record of customer service that is very visible with a search, that fact alone is turning me towards them (or custom :p )

·
「まんがをえ&#
2,483 Posts
Out of all Ark's products, I have to agree with zs lsx that their exhaust is very well welded and built. Even though there were some arguments on it, to me these exhaust gains are pretty much the same and I could careless for the 2+/- differences... so realistically, it's not even that noticeable. The downside on having Ark's exhaust is that it hangs so low that if you have 1 tiny finger gap or less, expect to scrape your exhaust, from the midpipe to the mufflers. As money-wise... I won't say much, if you have money and you like it then go for it.

BTW ZS LSX, were you there for the big meet in NJ?

·
Breast Examiner
1,784 Posts
Injen

7ism sounds JDM/KDM to me.:confused: > Too expensive.
ARK sounds European to me.:p > Need sale price.
Injen sounds BADASS to me.:bigthumbup: > Goldilocks likes it. and Bob Barker too.
:point:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did some reading and I decided to go with the ARK exhaust. Just ordered it and I am crazy excited!

Thanks folks!

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
ark all the way bro it looks way better than all the other competitors yeah they may sound a lil louder but this one looks way better and sounds sexy!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
7ism sounds JDM/KDM to me.:confused: > Too expensive.
ARK sounds European to me.:p > Need sale price.
Injen sounds BADASS to me.:bigthumbup: > Goldilocks likes it. and Bob Barker too.
:point:
We do have special price right now until FEB 28. FREE DOWN PIPE !!

Check our vendors !! :D

·
Registered
478 Posts
In the end, they both look the same, and sound the same. So it really comes down to price. I'm sure someone is going to come on here and nit-pick me to death that "oh well 7ism is so many milimeters different than ARK, blah blah. ARK is different colors yadda yadda." IMHO Get the ARK, 'cause hey, free downpipe!

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I say about 6s (6 of one & 1/2 dozen of the other)...they are close in looks, craftmanship, performance & cost. But I prefer ARK myself by a slight edge & as was mentioned above, they are running a special right now on them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
ARK FTW. My gas mileage went to **** after I bought their exhaust.

·
Breast Examiner
1,784 Posts
nit-nit >>yadda yadda yadda

In the end, they both look the same, and sound the same.
So it really comes down to price. IMHO Get the ARK, 'cause hey, free downpipe!
:dunno:
Have you seen these two exhausts?
Unless you are blindfolded, they look completely different.
Have you heard these two exhausts?
Unless you have earplugs in, they sound totally different.

At least you got the " Get the ARK, 'cause hey, free downpipe!" part right.
:hello:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
:dunno:
Have you seen these two exhausts?
Unless you are blindfolded, they look completely different.
Have you heard these two exhausts?
Unless you have earplugs in, they sound totally different.

At least you got the " Get the ARK, 'cause hey, free downpipe!" part right.
:hello:
lol true. ima say injen ftw

·
Registered
713 Posts
I agree, I had the ARK with down & test pipe and love it! The only concern is regarding their downpipe, it had a rattle on it and from now they continu to try to find the problem! Instead that little problem, for sure I will choose again that kit!

·
Registered
997 Posts
I've heard the Ark exhaust in person, and the 7ism on the videos, and the 7ism sounds way more exotic to me. I know way more peeps with the Ark as opposed to the 7ism as well. I'm more leaning towards the 7ism simply because it sounds way better on the videos than the Ark.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I've heard the Ark exhaust in person, and the 7ism on the videos, and the 7ism sounds way more exotic to me. I know way more peeps with the Ark as opposed to the 7ism as well. I'm more leaning towards the 7ism simply because it sounds way better on the videos than the Ark.
I agree that the 7ism does sound more exotic from the vids comparted to the ARK.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts