Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Paycheck2Paycheck
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my engine was rebuilt recently and I think they forgot to plug in the a/c compressor because the compressor clutch isn't engaging, there is refrigerant in the system still and it idles up when I press the AC button in my dash. I noticed there's nothing going into the connector on the compressor and I'm pretty sure this is what's causing my issue. Problem is I don't know where the plug is that goes into that connector. I searched up and down all around my engine bay for a loose plug but couldn't find any. Can anyone tell me where in the engine bay the plug for the compressor connector comes from? Attached is a picture of the connector with nothing connected to it. Thanks!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Paycheck2Paycheck
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A video if it helps:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Here's a quick photo I snapped while changing my oil this weekend.

The yellow-marked wire goes across the front of the engine along the top of the timing chain cover, and over top of the alternator. The wire marked with red branches off from the yellow wire and goes under the alternator to the A/C compressor. At least, as far as I can tell doing a 30 second check.

·
Paycheck2Paycheck
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man I found it actually it was hiding under the relay box...I don't know HOW I overlooked it the 30 times I checked my engine bay lol.

Appreciate the pic though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts