Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the course of searching for a winter wheel/tire package, I came across these and decided maybe I'd run my stock wheels w/ snows in the winter and mount these on my OE tires for the rest of the year....

I'm not looking for anything crazy/aggressive as this is a daily driver. I just figure these would be a nice mild upgrade from stock.

My question is regarding offset....

I'd go with an 18x8 in the front. The only applicable offset is +35 so they'd fit exactly like stock. The rear is where I have a question.. The 18x9s are available in +28 or +38.

The +38s would move the wheel out 3mm and cut clearance on the inside by 9mm. Obviously then the +28s would move the wheel out 13mm and provide 1mm more clearance on the inside.

If I went with the +28s....

1) Will 13mm still clear the fenders with stock ride height and alignment?(certainly looks like it will)

2) Would stretching the rear track 26mm and leaving the front alone have any perceptible effect on ride/handling? I imagine not, but the idea of widening one and not the other just isn't something I've ever done to a car before.

If I went with the +38s.....

1) Is there enough clearance on the inside to run the wheels 9mm deeper in the wells?

Any input? The +38s would be the closest to stock fitment but the 28s would fill out the rear wheel wells a bit better if they fit.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I got 10.5 inch wheel with +27 in the rear, dropped 1.2 inch and it still cleared the fender.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts