Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting this thread for 3 reasons...

1. I think it would be cool to have a thread here in the Canadian section for any deals that people might come across, be it on this forum or anywhere else. Just a heads up for all our fellow Canadians on any great deals that you figure shouldn't be missed and need to be brought to people's attention. It would mostly be used for any online sales or deals from chained retail stores across the country...things that would pertain to everyone, kinda like this...http://www.gencoupe.com/canada/53851-do-yourselfers.html but all in one thread.

2. I need more people on board to make the group buy below happen... (selfish... I know :p)

3. This is one of those deals I think people need to be aware of, especially anyone already wanting to do an upgrade, the price is great. Havoc is having a group buy for some awesome rotors ( R1Conepts premium rotors ) $350 shipping included in the US, for all 4 rotors, Brembo or Base. I am going to have mine shipped to an address in the US (Roethel Parcel Service or UPS store in Ogsdenburg, NY) and pick them up myself to save on the extra fees us Canadians get stuck with. I was just looking into upgrading my brake pads when I came across this GB and even though I don't really need them I'm getting in on it. Someone in this section made thread about the cost of servicing brakes at the dealership and the prices astounded me. http://www.gencoupe.com/canada/55030-servicing-brakes-my-3-8gt-gta.html This group buy is offering 4 quality performance rotors for less than the cost of 1 from the dealership.

http://www.gencoupe.com/vendor-classifieds-suspension/55062-official-havoc-x-r1-concepts-premium-rotors-group-buy.html

Looking forward to any and all of the deals you guys come across, be it car related or otherwise. :)

As a side note to get the ball rolling...

The group buys here tend to be hard to find and VERY easy to miss if you're not someone who goes through this forum top to bottom, they get mixed in with all the regular ads and get buried quickly. If you agree with me on this, please go to this thread and give your opinion and maybe we will be heard and get a GROUP BUY section.
http://www.gencoupe.com/forum-feedback/53308-need-group-buy-section.html#post602640

·
Resident Critic
841 Posts
Good idea,

Were actually fairly lucky that the vendors on this site ship to us.

Agreed on the R1 GB and the GB section!

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
u guys are really pushing this deal lol. I saw someone in the wheel/tire section pushing the deal.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
u guys are really pushing this deal lol. I saw someone in the wheel/tire section pushing the deal.
It's are really good deal & about 30% cheaper than ARK or GC tuner, plus free shipping. ;)

·
GET OFF MY LAWN!
2,261 Posts
It's are really good deal & about 30% cheaper than ARK or GC tuner, plus free shipping. ;)
I've been pushing it too, because not only is it a good deal on paper, but I've dealt with R1Concepts products before, and it's high quality stuff.

PLUGplugPLUGplugPLUG

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
Free shipping if ur willing to drive to the UPS store in Ogdensburg ;)

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
looks mean

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Anyone in Ottawa/Gatineau that was thinking of getting the R1Concepts rotors, now is your chance for an even better deal. A shipping mistake was made and I received the "Brembo" version of the rotors for the GT model.

I've contacted Havoc and things are going to be looked into, but seeing as these are going to have to be shipped back anyways I thought someone in my area might like to save some money on shipping/brokerage/taxes or a drive to the US etc...

I'm not 100% sure that this will be something that the vendors will agree to or not but I just thought I would throw it out there in advance. I wouldn't be looking to make any money off of this, it would just be the cost of the rotors shipped to the US address I used = $354.50 USD which translated to $361.94 CDN with the paypal currency conversion/fees + $17.96 HST tax I paid to Canadian customs at the border on the way back into Canada + the $20 worth of gas (probably actually cost me closer to $25-28) it cost me to travel from Gatineau Qc. Canada to Ogsdenburg NY. USA and back. Not to mention the 45 minutes I was detained at the US border so the nice people had a chance to be ignorant with everyone and get to show off their awesome level of autority. :p

So your total would be $399.90 CDN, if anyone is interested hit me up and as soon as I hear back from Havoc/R1 I'll let you know if this is a go or not. I just thought as seeing as how the product is already hear in Canada it might save someone (and R1Concepts) some shipping charges.

The price of $399.90 is worst case scenario, all depends on how my issue is resolved. If it goes the way I would like, the price would be $361.94 CDN.

·
GET OFF MY LAWN!
2,261 Posts
Anyone in Ottawa/Gatineau that was thinking of getting the R1Concepts rotors, now is your chance for an even better deal. A shipping mistake was made and I received the "Brembo" version of the rotors for the GT model.

I've contacted Havoc and things are going to be looked into, but seeing as these are going to have to be shipped back anyways I thought someone in my area might like to save some money on shipping/brokerage/taxes or a drive to the US etc...

I'm not 100% sure that this will be something that the vendors will agree to or not but I just thought I would throw it out there in advance. I wouldn't be looking to make any money off of this, it would just be the cost of the rotors shipped to the US address I used = $354.50 USD which translated to $361.94 CDN with the paypal currency conversion/fees + $17.96 HST tax I paid to Canadian customs at the border on the way back into Canada + the $20 worth of gas (probably actually cost me closer to $25-28) it cost me to travel from Gatineau Qc. Canada to Ogsdenburg NY. USA and back. Not to mention the 45 minutes I was detained at the US border so the nice people had a chance to be ignorant with everyone and get to show off their awesome level of autority. :p

So your total would be $399.90 CDN, if anyone is interested hit me up and as soon as I hear back from Havoc/R1 I'll let you know if this is a go or not. I just thought as seeing as how the product is already hear in Canada it might save someone (and R1Concepts) some shipping charges.

The price of $399.90 is worst case scenario, all depends on how my issue is resolved. If it goes the way I would like, the price would be $361.94 CDN.
Damn! If I had a GT..... *cough*spool2go*cough*

Seriously. Hope someone with a GT *cough*spool2go*cough* pics these up. Because someone with a GT *cough*spool2go*cough*, who's gonna need to do something with the Brembo's anyways *cough*spool2go*cough* will eventually really appreciate these *cough*spool2go*cough* and it's a good price for 'em.

What?

:D

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
u better get that cough looked at Boozy lol

Since the rotors are here I may have to pick those up

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
when will u know the price is gonna be $361.94?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
when will u know the price is gonna be $361.94?
As of now I got word that a new set is going to be shipped to Ogsdenburg this week, so the only thing extra I would want is the $10 to cover the cost of picking them up from the parcel service ($5 for each package, they come in 2 packages and I'm going to have to pay it a second time for the replacements). I would have had to pay the gas for the trip down anyways and the taxes at the border so I'll cover that.

Cost would be $371.94 if that sounds fair to you.

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
Well since it's my B-day on Sat and I'm gonna be getting extra b-day money, I'm gonna have to say that I'll take the rotors off ur hands :D

This is honestly perfect timing.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well since it's my B-day on Sat and I'm gonna be getting extra b-day money, I'm gonna have to say that I'll take the rotors off ur hands :D

This is honestly perfect timing.
Ok, I'll keep them here for you and buy the second set. Happy B-day in advance. :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts