Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

· Sex Machine
1,516 Posts
woohoo! Sexy brakes to go with sexy rims lol. I'll be 100% ready for the track now.

· Sex Machine
1,516 Posts
patience is a powerful asset but hard to preserve

· Sex Machine
1,516 Posts
Patience is for the strong!

· Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
You gonna be ready to take these this weekend, or would you like them before that? I'm not sure what hours you work but I'm working nights all week and I'm off this weekend coming. I guess I can meet up with you somewhere if it makes it easier for you.

Let me know.

· Sex Machine
1,516 Posts
I don't work this upcoming weekend but I believe Sunday would be a good day to pick them up. Just let me know on the final price.

· Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Ok Sunday works for me also, $360 is the price (I got a $10 discount on the second set for my inconvenience and it will cover the $10 cost of the pickup at the parcel service in NY the second time.) so we don't have to fool around with change.

I live in Aylmer(Quebec) which is west of the Champlain bridge. Not sure where in Ottawa you are located but I can meet you wherever you like, anytime after 12pm.

· Sex Machine
1,516 Posts
Usually on Sunday's I'm in the Preston St. area visiting family and eating lunch, so I'll be close to anywhere u are.

· Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ok then how about we meet at Bate Island? It's half way across the Champlain bridge, would be on the right hand side for you while crossing the bridge. You can pick them up at my place if you want, I just thought that this would be easier and I can go do groceries from there right after.

Preston St, Ottawa, ON to Bate Island - Google Maps

I have no plans that restrict me timewise on Sunday, so if you agree on this spot just pick a time when you'll be done with the family thing and we'll go from there.

· Sex Machine
1,516 Posts
That island would be fine and I guess around 2:30 because their might be b-day cake involved after lunch.

· Sex Machine
1,516 Posts
Will u be driving big red just so I know it's u? I'll be in my beater so u wont know its me.

· Sex Machine
1,516 Posts
Big red coming down the road lol

How did u know that the rotors didn't fit ur car? Did u try a test fit?

· Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Big red coming down the road lol

How did u know that the rotors didn't fit ur car? Did u try a test fit?
When I got them there was something that was bothering me about them but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then it hit me.... they looked too big. I measured them and the front set are 13.4" and the rears are 13" (brembo version sizes). My base brakes are 12.6" in the front and 12.4" in the rear. Not only that, the rear disc on the base brakes isn't like the brembos that have the vented rears.

· Sex Machine
1,516 Posts
The Brembo disks really that big? I never really compared them to another cars disks.

· Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yeah I took the specs right off the Hyundai site...

Brakes
Front: Ventilated Rotor 12.6", (320mm) Single-piston Caliper
Front : Brembo® Ventilated Rotor Disc 13.4", (340mm) Four Piston Red Caliper
Rear: Solid Rotor 12.4", (314mm) Single-piston Caliper
Rear: Brembo® Ventilated Rotor 13.0", (330mm) Four Piston Red Caliper

· Sex Machine
1,516 Posts
That's awesome that the rears are vented on the Brembo's.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.