Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I definitely will. Also, the 2013 doesn't have the ZF trans, does it?

I have a 3.8 with a 8spd ZF. I dont know what the 2013 2.0s come with.If its an 8 speed is a ZF. If its the 5 spd or the 6 spd its Gen/Hyun
Just did some research. Apparently, even though it's an 8spd, it's an inhouse Hyundai made transmission. Happened on all 2013- . It's supposed to be very similar to the ZF though but it's definitely not a ZF

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Just did some research. Apparently, even though it's an 8spd, it's an inhouse Hyundai made transmission. Happened on all 2013- . It's supposed to be very similar to the ZF though but it's definitely not a ZF

The engineering my friend,..ts the same.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
its like when the Nazis sent the Japanese a Daimler Benz DB601 engine on a U boat....LOL! (Went into the Kawasaki Tony Hien fighter to shoot down B-29s).

If anything the Koreans improved it, but credit is due to ZF. Cool info to know though

Do you have the 8spd ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
its like when the Nazis sent the Japanese a Daimler Benz DB601 engine on a U boat....LOL! (Went into the Kawasaki Tony Hien fighter to shoot down B-29s).

If anything the Koreans improved it, but credit is due to ZF. Cool info to know though

Do you have the 8spd ?
Yes. I have 8 spd. So, I'm reporting back now: Long story short, shipping was messed up with trans fluid so I was forced to use the fluid dealer provided. Furthermore, the dealership didn't just change the fluid out. They did a full flush -- against what I told them to do. Final bill $230 after tax. On the receipt, that showed 8 qts, a filter, and the service charge. It was supposed to only be $190 at most. So, I guess I got a full flush... won't be going to that dealer again... on the way home, shifting was actually a little bit harder than before. But, after driving it for about 5-10 minutes, it seemed to be doing great. Now, three days later, so far so good. Shifting seems smoother and a little quicker.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
scratch that. Just talked to an actual maintenance tech who told me that the lady I talked to didn't know what she was talking about. The $30 charge was for a conditioner fluid that they add when putting the new fluid in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey yall, found this thread cus ive had the same problem. Called my hyundai dealer and they said id need 12 qts of the cerma and labor is $120. seems kinda BS to me

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Nope they will need 12 qts. As far as the labor that from dealer to dealer. Mine cost 85.00 labor in 2017. So 120 sounds reasonable. The job takes a while. They will extract every ounce of fluid from the trans including the TC. Then they will slowly pressure refill. This is no gravity dump or flush.

***Remember you are paying for the CERMA ATF and bringing it in.

I f your dealer has a legit ZF trained master tech like my buddy is it will take two or three hours to do.
The 8ATs built 2013 and forward are nothing more than a reverse engineered ZF made in Korea by Hyun/KIA. They are awesome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nope they will need 12 qts. As far as the labor that from dealer to dealer. Mine cost 85.00 labor in 2017. So 120 sounds reasonable. The job takes a while. They will extract every ounce of fluid from the trans including the TC. Then they will slowly pressure refill. This is no gravity dump or flush.

***Remember you are paying for the CERMA ATF and bringing it in.

I f your dealer has a legit ZF trained master tech like my buddy is it will take two or three hours to do.
The 8ATs built 2013 and forward are nothing more than a reverse engineered ZF made in Korea by Hyun/KIA. They are awesome.
true, thanks for the reply. went ahead and bought the quarts and will schedule appointment once i get them

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I did mine at 19K when I bought the car. I will do the trans again at 80k (60K interval for severe duty usage).

You d be advised to put a trans cooler on her when the change is done. The 8 AT is one hot mother f--er. When I first bought mine I had her hooked up to the Hyundai advanced torque app which has ATF temp. One stupid little 110 mph jaunt and I saw 235 F. I was like OH SNAP, here came CERMA ATF and a monster trans cooler which changed that 235 F into 122F,..Ha !!!

Keep in mind I have 32 K on this build with a trans tune, and drive her like a manual. I brake with my trans dude,..........

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I thought they told you to bring the fluid and quoted you the labor.

Find another dealer. Mine did mine no problem.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts