Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1385 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
You don't have to peel and re-spray to fix puncture damage. All you need is paint thinner and nitrile gloves. Basically the thinner re-liquifies the plasti-dip and you can smooth it out by hand until you can't fill a lip where the puncture is then let dry and respray.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did this over the weekend. Took two coats of white, three coats of Blaze Blue (was a little tricky to get and even color coating), two coats Blue Metalizer

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here are some pics of my recent plastidip project. I recently picked up a set of the 13+ track wheels and dipped them with the chameleon paint. They may look green or blue depending on light. Also with some gold

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
They look great, the green/blue etc seem to be a clear on the normally silver wheels.

·
Registered
272 Posts
kinda back logged on posting pics of things i've dipped. heres a veloster i did a few months back. used cx-31 chameleon(gold, green & gold) from didspade.com

[/URL][/IMG]

short walk around video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLBnVSh2oz0

·
Registered
272 Posts
this is cotton candy pearl over black base. hard to tell in this picture, but the color shift is blue to ghost pink effect.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
272 Posts
this one was a full dip + inner door, door jambs under hood fender area, trunk swing arm and the inner trunk area(where the water drips into). matte blue base with chameleon top coat, creating that purple, blue and red hue. i forget his handle on this forum but im sure you could tell whos car this is.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
272 Posts
this is my cars new color scheme, neo chrome. unfortunately its incomplete and i couldnt add the final touches of ghost color into it.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
^^ Good job man. they all look pretty sick! I was debating posting some other pics on here of the dips ive done but wasn't sure if it was "allowed" in a sense for like wrongful promotion or whatever the hell haha.

I wanted to do that neochrome on my gen but then opted for tis other chameleon

·
Registered
272 Posts
I figured that since they're all Hyundai vehicles, I'm not trying to sell nothing & I'm sharing what other color dips look like; that I'm not breaking any rules. If they wanted to take it down for whatever, I'm sure the admin would contact me & explain where I went wrong, but nothing happened yet.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Very true. that's cool man! good stuff. interesting colors. I thought about doing a ghost pearl before but then grabbed this other chameleon

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I've been experimenting with plastidip.

Here's what we call Hyper Gunmetal. 2 coats of black, and 4 coats of silver metalizer

WOW, that looks really cool. I'm looking at options for what kind of plasti dip I want to use for my wheels. I have a mirabeau blue with some OZ ultraleggera wheels that I just picked up. I was thinking about the anthracite Metallic or the Aluminum metallic, but IDK if either are exactly what I'd want. I've always thought hyperblack/black chrome would look great with the MB.

Do you have closeups/pictures in better lighting of the Hyper Gunmetal? A video might be even better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I've been experimenting with plastidip.

Here's what we call Hyper Gunmetal. 2 coats of black, and 4 coats of silver metalizer

I'd really love to see more pictures of this if you have any. If you have examples of what it looked like before you got all 4 coats of metalizer on that be even better. Looks like this guy on youtube used a little less metalizer, so I wonder if his turned out darker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8d_bUdalqc

1341 - 1360 of 1385 Posts