Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1385 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'd really love to see more pictures of this if you have any. If you have examples of what it looked like before you got all 4 coats of metalizer on that be even better. Looks like this guy on youtube used a little less metalizer, so I wonder if his turned out darker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8d_bUdalqc
WOW, that looks really cool. I'm looking at options for what kind of plasti dip I want to use for my wheels. I have a mirabeau blue with some OZ ultraleggera wheels that I just picked up. I was thinking about the anthracite Metallic or the Aluminum metallic, but IDK if either are exactly what I'd want. I've always thought hyperblack/black chrome would look great with the MB.

Do you have closeups/pictures in better lighting of the Hyper Gunmetal? A video might be even better.
Yep, here's a video YouTube

And this is a picture of black with one layer of metalizer. It looks mostly black with sparkles in it though.

Full album here: GC Plasti Dip - Imgur

I'll try to get more pictures of the blue one. I don't have the hyper gunmetal on anymore.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yep, here's a video YouTube

Full album here: GC Plasti Dip - Imgur

I'll try to get more pictures of the blue one. I don't have the hyper gunmetal on anymore.
Awesome! Thank you so much. It looks great!

I'm surprised at how smooth the finish is. I mean it doesn't have the metal flake look the I usually see with the metalizer. Is there something special you did to get it that way? Holding the can closer or further? Going on thicker?

I think this winter I'm going to try to plasti dip my OZ UltraLeggeras hyperblack.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Awesome! Thank you so much. It looks great!

I'm surprised at how smooth the finish is. I mean it doesn't have the metal flake look the I usually see with the metalizer. Is there something special you did to get it that way? Holding the can closer or further? Going on thicker?

I think this winter I'm going to try to plasti dip my OZ UltraLeggeras hyperblack.
Holding the can too far causes it to wrikle I think, which we found out on a later dip XD... Too close you run the risk of putting it too thickly and making it runny. It's a bit trick to find the medium but I would say like 5-6 in is fine. I used 4-5 coats of metalizers on that so it's on much more thick than most people's haha.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I can imagine seeing your car in person gives an even better impression of the colour shifting. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
dipped my rims a few weeks after i bought her, 3 coats black 2 coats silver metalizer from the right angle almost looks paint matched...

[/URL][/IMG]
Looks great, got any more pictures? I think the grey looks really good with color matched wheels.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any tips in dipping the letters? I want everything in black then peel of the middle part for letter T to expose the red color. I spray 4 coats and on my 2nd try I use blade to make sure a clean cut but I ended up messing the letter T so I will redo it tomorrow. I did my elantra before and manage to peel everything clean for first try.

thanks
Melvin

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any tips in dipping the letters? I want everything in black then peel of the middle part for letter T to expose the red color. I spray 4 coats and on my 2nd try I use blade to make sure a clean cut but I ended up messing the letter T so I will redo it tomorrow. I did my elantra before and manage to peel everything clean for first try.

thanks
Melvin

·
Registered
1 Posts
@CantFindMeHaha

you need to remove DW-40 and nail polish remover from chemicals used to take off plasti dip. If you were ****ing stupid id say yea go ahead and use that on your car and ruin the paint, etc... the ONLY thing you should be using to remove plasti dip safely is Goo-Gone. Last thing you want is people holding you accountable for them being stupid enough to listen to you by using dw-40 and or nail polish

·
Bam-Ba-Lam!!!
2,302 Posts
@CantFindMeHaha

you need to remove DW-40 and nail polish remover from chemicals used to take off plasti dip. If you were ****ing stupid id say yea go ahead and use that on your car and ruin the paint, etc... the ONLY thing you should be using to remove plasti dip safely is Goo-Gone. Last thing you want is people holding you accountable for them being stupid enough to listen to you by using dw-40 and or nail polish
Good job bud. First sentence on the forum you type is to attack the OP that posted this 3 years ago.... First impressions are everything. Do you honestly think someone could be held accountable for the destruction of another persons paint because of what they said on the internet? lol. This isn't DYC.com, this is gencoupe. Take your "expertise" elsewhere unless you want to find a more polite way to share your knowledge. e.g. "Hey, I know this thread is a little outdated, but just so everyone knows, I would advise against using WD-40 or nail polish remover. It could damage your paint and nobody wants that!"

Also, dip dissolver works better than goo gone.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Deciding on a new color for the genesis.. been playing with some of our Extreme kolors pearls here in house using some different base coats and pearls.. I'll try to post up some photos later today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Doing my new aftermarket wheels in intense teal here once we get out of this deep freeze! Will post soon hopefully. Looking forward to everyone else's dip projects!

·
3.8 R-Spec <3
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,377 (Edited)
@CantFindMeHaha

I do what I want.

And by the by, you can't edit something that far back or I would have changed a lot of things as time progressed.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
How much plasti-dip would be recommend to do my hood and roof?

Depends entirely on what pearls you're using. If it's just black, probably 1 gallon is more than enough.

1361 - 1380 of 1385 Posts