Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be doing a few things coming up in the next few weeks. I am going to add the h pipe mod to the stock downpipes to see how much rasp it will remove. I am going to add before and after videos of sound and pictures of the work.
Also will be driving to SFR to go from 91 canned tune, up to a 93 plus custom tune.
93 and 94 octane is everywhere here. Sunoco has 100 octane as well. This will have videos/pics as we go.
Since i dynoed here locally i will also go back there and see what that dyno gives me over what it was from my last two.
So If you like, follow along and see what happens. If you don't want to follow along?
Why are you still here reading?? Haha just kidding. I respect that as well.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so to start this off i had the car on the scales today. To refresh it's a 2013 3.8 track 8 speed auto.
The car, plus me (200pds)
And a full tank of gas 17.2 x 6 pds = 103.2 pds)
Minus the spare tire and tools and washer resovoir( 51.8 pds roughly)
Car = 3760 pounds
Add back in the 51.8 , then it's well over 3800 pds.
So 3760
  • 200 me
  • 103.2 full tank
= 3456.8
This will be the baseline for weight reduction results. I will get it done
Again with a little less than quarter tank. Or what I would run the the dragway.
Headed to SFR in the am (April 8th for 12pm custom tune.
Will then return to my dyno to see the improvement.
Don't get caught up in peak dyno numbers. That's the wrong way to read a dyno chart.
Base line dyno compared to new mods and then measure a percentage improvement. All in all these cars, no matter what order you do your mods, all end up around 300-310 rwhp give or take a little.

Attachments

Reactions: Triple-D

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just left Jay @ SFR. I must say going from.canned with bolt ons to custom is awesome. Driving back to MD from PA acter we are done eating. Info to follow.
So i got 29.1 mph headed to SFR.
27.3 mpg on the way home. This may be due to me forgetting it was in sport mode from the test drive.
SFR is 48 minutes away up I95.
Jay has to send me the dyno sheets but that info is between him and I. Don't worry though, plenty of useful info will be shared. Dyno should be used to measure the percentage gains over the curve and not so much on peak.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Full tank of gas with me in the car the car was 3860.
Went back when the gas light came on and shed down to 3680. Subtract 200 pounds for me.
3860 full tank
3680 gas light on
3480 minus me

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm headed to my original dyno to see after effects of SFR from canned to custom. This is the dyno I been using since the beginning and therefore to me, shows the more accurate gains/loses.
Just for the hell of it, i will also be doing another dyno run after i walnut blast the valves clean. I will show pics sueong and after cleaning as well as dyno run itself.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I'm finally here at J-Tune in Delaware. I'm getting the baseline of after all my mods put on after my last Dyno here. Since last i have put on OBX resonators, SFR custom tune, 3point8 stage 1 PNP upp/low mani and TB.
Once i get the new numbers i will walnut blast the valves and come back up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts