Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be purchasing my first Gen. Coupe (2011 2.0 R-Spec Black MT) by the end of the month. Any advice before I do this? I have been driving the Nissan Altima coupe for the past 3 years (2.0S Manual). Any comments welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mod it and sell it for a profit or mod it and keep it if I really like it. I don't have any experience doing this though... so this is all new

·
Registered
434 Posts
I dont think its often that you can mod and sell for a profit.

take me for example. i have a 3.8 track, with pretty common mods, and im taking a big loss trying to sell it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh you're right I suppose I sorta meant to say that I would trade it in 2 or 3 years down the line. Cars are money pits not a whole lot we can do abt it (like u said pretty much)

·
Retired Staff
2,303 Posts
If its a brand new car, whats to inspect. lol
Thats why these cars come with a warranty.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
You can only inspect so much. If there are any problems, chances are you'd have to be driving for a few days before you found out.

What part of Fl you from?

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can only inspect so much. If there are any problems, chances are you'd have to be driving for a few days before you found out.
That is true, in my case (which is a long story) there were things that I could have easily noticed during the delievery but since I did not inspect the car, I found them at home, which cost me trips to the dealership :( and I live in Sarasota,fl

·
Registered
539 Posts
Make sure you know what the standard features are on the car and double check to make sure you're not being charged for it as a dealer add-on. My Hyundai dealer is notorious for this, not to forget the $9,995 for wheel moldings and door edge guards :ugh:

·
DJAC Vice President
1,472 Posts
You should inspect your car because there can be delivery and/or dealership damage. Once you drive off the lot in it, too bad, so sad. There is no proof if there is something wrong. If you find something, find it before you drive home with it.

Also look over paperwork. They will try to hose you on this like door moldings/guards, PIN STRIPES, XM radio (if it's a brand new Hyundai you are supposed to get 3 months for free), spoiler, and floor mats. Silly little things that they will definitely try to swindle you into paying for.

And TEST DRIVE IT. I mean baby it and do city driving, then floor it and do highway driving BEFORE signing paperwork. Seriously. Turn on the A/C, heat, defrosters, wipers, check all of the lights inside and out, open the hood and listen to it, test out the brakes, etc.

By the way, it's a Hyundai. There is no way you are going to buy it and sell it for profit. If you're looking to do that, invest in an older muscle car and fix it up to resell it. You'll put money into a Hyundai and sell it for thousands less. Maybe in another 5 years you can make a few hundred off of it with VERY low miles, but otherwise, think again.

But hey, what do we all know? Good luck with your purchase, lol.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yeh you're right I suppose I sorta meant to say that I would trade it in 2 or 3 years down the line. Cars are money pits not a whole lot we can do abt it (like u said pretty much)
Most cars are not going to net you any profit, especially modded. the only exceptions are rare cars and originally restored. do you plan on driving this car? newer cars that are modded go way down in price, try trading a modded car, then return it back to stock and see how much you would get for it, its always higher for a unmolested car!

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Inspect paint, wish I did before I bought mine lol

·
I'm Imran.
2,708 Posts
Make sure you know what the standard features are on the car and double check to make sure you're not being charged for it as a dealer add-on. My Hyundai dealer is notorious for this, not to forget the $9,995 for wheel moldings and door edge guards :ugh:
+1
brad benson tried to do the same and I just looked at them like they were a little child who had to be put in timeout.

Make sure you check everythings smooth and test drive it too!

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Howdy and welcome!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts