Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

A few months ago my ABS light starting to come on. It would come and go at first. Sometimes showing up the first time I touch a bump. Now it is solid.

I bought a code scanner than can read the ABS module and it came back with C1203 "Wheel speed sensor front-fh Open / short". So I took the front right tire off and tested the sensor by looking for ohms. It was wide open and can't get a reading on it. I compared to front left and I could get a reading on it though it was a bit of a challenge.

So I bought an OEM hub and replaced it - this wasn't an easy task. The hub was rusted on nicely. After putting it back together I have the same issue. I cleared the code and it came back right away. I also can watch individual speed sensors and front right still read 0mph while the rest show speed.

Thoughts on what to do next? I am not sure how to validate the cable is okay and the ABS control module. The cable seems to disappear into the engine bay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue with my 2011 gc and dont know what to do. If you figured it out pls let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys was wondering if anyone found a solution to this? I'm having the same problem with my 2011 gen coupe 2.0t, changed both the hubs with oem and still the light wont go off, it comes back on right away and have no idea what to try next.

I'm getting the code
C1203 wheel speed sensor front-row open/short

If anyone our there has figured this out please post!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,548 Posts
Hey guys was wondering if anyone found a solution to this? I'm having the same problem with my 2011 gen coupe 2.0t, changed both the hubs with oem and still the light wont go off, it comes back on right away and have no idea what to try next.

I'm getting the code
C1203 wheel speed sensor front-row open/short

If anyone our there has figured this out please post!

Thanks!
Check the wires going up to the front wheel hubs for damage.

If they aren't then replace the front wheel hubs. The ABS sensor is built into the hub.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey thanks for the help, turns out it was the wiring harness that was bad. Lucky for me I was able to find a used one off a part out near me, parts have become really hard to get lately.

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts