Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get the ABS reluctor wheel for the right rear axel. I got a c1210 code so I checked out the ABS sensor and discovered that the reluctor wheel or as some people refer to it the tone ring, was split and a section missing. I know there are replacement ones but can't find anything for the Gen Coupe. I have a 2010 2.0T, any help would be great, and was also wondering if anyone else has had this happen.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Will it appears that no one has any info on this subject. After much digging on the internet, it seems that this reluctor ring/tone ring is a part of the rear drive axle assembly, and is not avalable seperatley. Once again Hyundai has stuck it to us, a part that would normally run you about $20.00 - $40.00 will cost you in excess of $500.00. Seems a bit much just to fix an ABS/ESC waring light on the dash, but then again, you can't put a price on safety ......... thanks Hyundai.

·
The Lonely Driver
335 Posts
Fleabay has some good deals on gen parts.

Same with rockauto

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update. Well after much looking and still no info on the reluctor/tone ring, other than Hyundia here in Canada wanting over $800.00 for an axle assemble, I have ordered a used one from the US for only $175.00, which includes shipping and customs. I don't know why Hyundai would take such a simple part and make it part of a bigger assemble and charge an outragous price for it. Anyway, for those of you who would like to know, I have taken the specs off of the new reluctor/tone ring and have contacted a supplier in Denmak who may have a replacement. I have one being shipped for only $40.00 CAN and free shipping. Once I receive it, I'll test fit it and see if it works. If everything works out I'll post another update, maybe somewhere down the road, someone may need this replacement part and be able to save themselves some hard earned cash, maybe even spend it on a new mod .......

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,287 Posts
Hyundai's are known for breaking ABS tone wheels and it's rust and corrosion that causes it. There is a build up of rust on the axle shaft under the tone wheel and eventually it simply forces it to break and spread apart to accommodate the rust scale underneath.

The best way to prevent this is to spray penetrating oil or rust proofing oil on the tone wheels and axle housings to prevent the corrosion in the first place.

Duro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Duro5341, hopefully this info will save some trouble for others, sucks that I had to find out the hard way........ will be spraying the rings as part of my maintenance routine for now on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now I know I'm replying to this forum 4 and a half years later but im sitting here with same issue on my 2013 Genesis Coupe. Any update on that relucter wheel you got made by the company using the existing specs? Thank you

·
Premium Member
15,072 Posts
The "wheel" is part of the half shaft on the rear.
Fronts are the whole wheel bearing assembly.

Issue is likely the wheel sensor, which is just bolted on to the spindle in the rear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry Guys, no luck with the reluctor/tone ring from Denmark, ended up having to buy the complete axel assembly from a junk yard. Have been doing a preventive maintenance routine when storing my car for the winter as per Duro5341 suggestion and haven't had any issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts