Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This the only thing I can think of that is related. I installed 3 gauges a few weeks ago and that's when it started happening. Its happened three times so far. Each time getting worse

I will shut my car of get out of my car, start walking away and lock the car. I don't hear the horn so naturally I try again. That's when I noticed that the car was not responding to my fob. So I get in the car, no lights come on, the window does not move down, nothing.

First time it happened I started the car and everything was fine.

Second time I Tried starting the car, Nothing. No lights not cranking nothing. Waited a few seconds then everything magically came on.

Final time no lights no window. Tried to start the car and nothing happened. Tried 3 or 4 times and sill nothing. Pulled the battery for a min. Nothing still no lights and wont start. So I pull the fuse where my constant is for the gauges. Wait 5 seconds and the lights come one and starts no problem.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any suggestions? It only happened three times in like 3 weeks

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Check your wiring /fuses. I would've wired switch to IGN.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was wrong. The gauges call for battery(-) But its just connected to ground. That shouldn't make a difference should it?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I was wrong. The gauges call for battery(-) But its just connected to ground. That shouldn't make a difference should it?
nope. Which ground did you use? There's a factory ground under the fuse box (by where the hood latch is)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I pulled my fuse tap so the gauges were not connected to see if I could reproduce the issue with out the gauges. (pulled the constant so they have no power). First time I shut the car off I had the problem and couldn't get the car started for about 30m. Went straight to the dealer, And they seemed to think it was a loose battery connection so they swapped the part. Said there was some apparent arcing. I have a feeling that was not the issue. What do u guys think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts