Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT Auto
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My AC for my 2013 Genesis Coupe seems to be permanently stuck on blowing at the highest speed. I can control the temperature, and where it blows from (front defrost, rear defrost, legs, etc), but I can't seem to turn it off at all. I've pressed every button and have been searching for a few hours for a solution, and I can't figure it out.

The most obvious solution would be to press "AC Off", but it does literally nothing. It shows on the NAV screen that AC is off, but it continues blowing, and the same thing happens when I change the fan speed (shows a change on the screen, but no difference). Any ideas? I would take it to a dealer but they're closed for a bit and it's driving me insane.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
627 Posts
Something similar but not exactly the same was someone's fan not shutting off. I believe it was mentioned it could be a stuck relay fuse. They thread suggested tapping on the ac fuse. They are cheap enough and if that indeed helps just but a new relay.
Again...not sure if this is the solution for you, but it's a start.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
627 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
20,114 Posts
You might have to completely disconnect the module. You can try disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for a few hours instead. But that sometimes does not clear things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm about to try disconnecting the battery and letting it sit, and this is a very noob question, but I can't seem to access the "lower" part of the main fuse box under the hood.

On the fuse box diagram, it shows that there are several fuses on the left underneath the two screws, one of which is the blower fuse (which might be the broken one), and I can't find out how to access that. I've removed the two nuts and tried to wiggle something free, but no progress. Any tips?

Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
**** got a lot worse.

Okay so after reconnecting the battery, the car doesn't start anymore. The brake pedal is incredibly stiff and doesnt move, so I cant hold it down and push to start. Interestingly enough, some of the electronics in the car still work such as unlocking, seat adjustment, lights, and opening the trunk, but the button to start the car, and anything to do with locking and unlocking do nothing.

Currently I'm letting it sit with the battery connected in hopes that it'll maybe warm up a bit and react? Its incredibly cold out so hopefully thats it.

·
I'd rather do it myself
20,114 Posts
If the blower fan is running at high speed all the time it's probably the blower control module. It's solid state and may be failed shorted out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts