Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Genesis Coupe ACC relay keeps clicking has a ground short. Tested Pin 85 and it is not holding steady.
Car will not start or turn off and all components are going on an off due to this.

Where is the ground location specifically for this relay?
I need to fix its ground.

·
I'd rather do it myself
20,171 Posts
The ground is GE04 located in front on the drs side frame rail. It's also shared with the start relay so the problem is probably in the fuse box. It is hard wire d to the relay terminals so nothing else is switching it.

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Azure Rectangle Slope Schematic Font

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No fuse blowing. ACC Relay is cycling on and off, which controls the push button to start and stop the vehicle among other things. I tested pin 85 in fuse box for that ACC relay with multi meter negative in pin 85 slot and positive to positive cable and the voltage is not constant it shows that side cycling This test states I have a grounding issue

·
I'd rather do it myself
20,171 Posts
You can get some 20ga stranded wire and fold it over the 85 slot, then push the relay in. Then you can ground that wire and if the problem is between the relay and the ground point, that should stop it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I have narrowed it down to a PDM fault. I did remove the unit and the previous owner has been in it, based on the fact that all the housing cover tabs are broken and the mount was bent were it would fit onto the housing.
What is required to replace the PDM?
Does it require reprogramming?
Can a used one be purchased as a replacement?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts