Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a subwoofer system retaining the factory stereo in a 2013 genesis coupe. How do you disable Active noise canceling feature? Have the old loud rumble routine when vehicle is turned off coming from the ASD or Anc feature on the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
15,182 Posts
Installed a subwoofer system retaining the factory stereo in a 2013 genesis coupe. How do you disable Active noise canceling feature? Have the old loud rumble routine when vehicle is turned off coming from the ASD or Anc feature on the vehicle.
Not sure on the BK2, but on the BK1 IIRC noise canceling is only used while on a phone call.

If you have the base stereo and installed an amp, it could be that the amp is just powering down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has a amplified factory Infinity amp and tied in a Kicker Bass amp . Its definitely the ANC feature, because its on all sources . Radio-cd-etc..

·
Premium Member
15,182 Posts
Has a amplified factory Infinity amp and tied in a Kicker Bass amp . Its definitely the ANC feature, because its on all sources . Radio-cd-etc..
Did you check which speaker the "rumbling" is coming from?

Which power-on signal wire are you ising to power on the other amp?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is coming from the Aftermarket sub that was installed. There is a mic that detects certain low frequencies. I need to know the mic location or the wire at the factory amp and disengage it.

·
Premium Member
15,182 Posts
It is coming from the Aftermarket sub that was installed. There is a mic that detects certain low frequencies. I need to know the mic location or the wire at the factory amp and disengage it.
There isn't a "mic" going to the factory amp, at least on the BK1 and doesn't have a noise canceling mic going to the stereo

are you sure the other amp isn't draining, until it's off?

take the ACC wire that you wired to the amp, disconnect it, turn on the stereo, connect it for a few seconds, then disconnect it again.
If it's what I am suspecting, then it's because you have the gain too high, or is just how that amp is.

If you know how noise canceling works, it wouldn't do any good unless the mic is pretty much next to your ear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts