Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Amazing DIY. Installed mine tonight. I wasn't too sure how you unhooked the bumper from the fender but after a while I saw the tabs and the rest was easy. If I had to do it again I bet it'd be about an hour.

·
Coop
389 Posts
great write up. My AEM CAI should be in tomorrow. Any answers to the questions brought up?

·
Break Necks - Kill Egos
673 Posts
I'm worried about getting the AEM CAI because where I live can get bloody cold in the winter. Anyone know if this could be an issue?

I hope not, I ordered mine on Friday. I live in Calgary and it gets really cold here too.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
i dont think so, ive driven in 25* f weather, and its a little rocky till the engine warms up, but after that its fine. and i dont think thats because of the CAI

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
i dont think so, ive driven in 25* f weather, and its a little rocky till the engine warms up, but after that its fine. and i dont think thats because of the CAI
CAI is fine in cold temps. I'm assuming that "rocky" feeling is the engine stuttering from the older versions of DW 550cc injectors.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
probably. im upgrading to 750cc in a few weeks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Aem intake sound

I just have a little question. I just installed a aem air intake on my genesis and now I have the same sound as an hhqv blow of valve. Is it normal ? How can I change that sound ?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I just have a little question. I just installed a aem air intake on my genesis and now I have the same sound as an hhqv blow of valve. Is it normal ? How can I change that sound ?
you should only hear this under acceleration, correct? You are literally hearing the air going into the turbo as it sucks more air.

·
Registered
16 Posts
you should only hear this under acceleration, correct? You are literally hearing the air going into the turbo as it sucks more air.
Yes that's what a tough ! But I'm really hearing the sound of a hhqv blow off when I stop accelerating. The problem is, I'm still with my stock bov

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
when you installed the CAI you also got rid of the intake silencer. the silencer makes you NOT hear the stock BOV. so when you get rid of it, you WILL hear the stock BOV.

·
Registered
16 Posts
when you installed the CAI you also got rid of the intake silencer. the silencer makes you NOT hear the stock BOV. so when you get rid of it, you WILL hear the stock BOV.
Oh ok ! So if I want to change the sound of my bov ill have the change the stock one ?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Correct. if you get an aftermarket bov, it will change the sound.

Personally i do not like the absurdly loud PSSHHHHTTTTT sounding ones, and the one i have is kind of subtle. Tial FTW

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I have a Tial Q Bov. They are kind of expensive, and if you arent planning to run SUPER high numbers, they are overkill.

A few vendors on here sell them, or you can use google. I got mine from Beyond Redline

·
Registered
443 Posts
get a forge easy install in stock location,and we do not have a bov from factory its a bpv

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a problem my aem cold air and there is two hoses and I only have the one that goes to the valve cover Idk where I connect the other one :/ help

61 - 80 of 88 Posts