Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Newbie Modder
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....my car had to get towed to service for engine problems. :(

Last night, my car randomly started making a high pitched whine/scratching noise when ever I revved my engine. Sort of sounds like an extremely broken supercharger. I'm still waiting on the service department's diagnosis of what is wrong with my car, but the tow guy mentioned something about my pulleys and/or bearings being loose?

Anyway, Hyundai roadside assistance was great, and the service at Keyes Hyundai has so far been wonderful. I MISS MY CAR SO MUCH, but the service I have received thus far has made me less sad about losing my car for the time being.

In the meantime, Keyes Hyundai hooked me up with this orange monster of a car! Still korean!

·
Registered
842 Posts
WOW man I thought this was going to be a nice "4 days of driving my Genesis" review....

Sucks to have issues so early, but I know the feeling. My car was in service for over a week, just 2 weeks after purchase. Unexplained oil leak, wound up being a cracked head gasket

Good luck with everything, sweet Kia :D

·
Newbie Modder
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW man I thought this was going to be a nice "4 days of driving my Genesis" review....
Well..... after 4 days of driving my Genesis, I LOVE THIS CAR!!! I don't care what kind of problems it already has, I want it back so I can play with it more! I couldn't be happier with my purchase still.

<3MyGen

·
Registered
34 Posts
glad your service is going smoothly. I hope this doesn't happen to me. I bought my car in New York (picking it up tonight :) ) But I currently reside in Boston..

·
Newbie Modder
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
glad your service is going smoothly. I hope this doesn't happen to me. I bought my car in New York (picking it up tonight :) ) But I currently reside in Boston..
The dealership I'm getting my Gen serviced at isn't the dealership that I bought my car at. I had a pretty difficult time finding a 3.8 Track in manual in a color I wanted so I had to drive pretty far for it. Having service done at another dealership shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck with your purchase!
Dude, that sucks. I remember you were so hype to buy one lol
Haha yeah. I FINALLY start getting comfortable with a manual transmission, and practicing downshifts... and then my car needs to go in for service.

·
^not very creative.
2,383 Posts
edit..
nevermind.. you have a 3.8? thought you had a 2.0t.
hopefully they get it fixed though, that sucks it's brand new and having problems.

·
Newbie Modder
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ Didn't catch your post pre-edit, but yeah it's a 3.8. Shouldn't be too major of a problem, and I'm assuming it's still all under warranty. Just wish the service department would get back to me with their diagnoses already so I can breathe easier and know when my car is getting back to me.

·
^not very creative.
2,383 Posts
^ Didn't catch your post pre-edit, but yeah it's a 3.8. Shouldn't be too major of a problem, and I'm assuming it's still all under warranty. Just wish the service department would get back to me with their diagnoses already so I can breathe easier and know when my car is getting back to me.
Oh haha well I just thought it could be from an intercooler pipe coming off, cause the turbo makes a loud whining sound when the IC pipe connected to it comes off... but nevermind.
Hopefully they let you know what's going on soon.

·
Hyundai Parts Employee
1,542 Posts
However long it takes to hear back depends on how busy the dealer is. If it was towed this morning, theres a chance you could hear by the end of the day today. Theres also a chance they wont get to it until tomorrow.

Leftover work from the day prior can set the shop back. Excessive amounts of waiters can keep the shop busy. Essentially if you have a rental car, youre on the back burner. Its those people sitting in the customer lounge waiting that have priority.

·
Newbie Modder
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
However long it takes to hear back depends on how busy the dealer is. If it was towed this morning, theres a chance you could hear by the end of the day today. Theres also a chance they wont get to it until tomorrow.

Leftover work from the day prior can set the shop back. Excessive amounts of waiters can keep the shop busy. Essentially if you have a rental car, youre on the back burner. Its those people sitting in the customer lounge waiting that have priority.
Thanks for the good info. I haven't heard back yet, but I figure I'll wait until tomorrow to call them up.

·
The Dabbler
58 Posts
Any news yet?

·
Newbie Modder
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still haven't gotten my car back. :(

Service guy says they ordered a new power steering pump for my car, BUT I have no idea how a power steering pump would be in any way related to a high pitched whine/scratching noise that increases with my revs. Also, my power steering was fine when I dropped the car off. So I'm not sure what's going on here...

He also said the car may or may not be done today by closing time. I'm expecting to be called later with an update. I'm leaning more towards the car not being finished today since he sounded so unsure about everything, and I don't want to get my hopes up. Hope I get my car back before the weekend though... otherwise the car will be in service longer than I have even had the Gen in my possession!

·
oh hayyy
995 Posts
Power steering pump is belt driven in this car, I believe. Ever notice that when you turn the steering wheel (in neutral or park) the revs slightly climb?

On another note:

Welcome to the club!

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
**** can happen .. no matter what car you have

·
Newbie Modder
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My car is back! Turns out all they replaced was my power steering pump, and my car is good as new! Been driving it around in the rain all afternoon. :D

Power steering pump is belt driven in this car, I believe. Ever notice that when you turn the steering wheel (in neutral or park) the revs slightly climb?

On another note:

Welcome to the club!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/grenadexjumpr/2011-02-14_13-42-12_590.jpg[IMG][/quote]
Makes more sense now that you put it that way. At first I thought the service manager was talking about another person's car cause I couldn't figure out how power steering was in any way related to the engine noise.
[QUOTE="briansol, post: 621188, member: 10551"]you guys are nuts getting dollied. DEMAND a flat bed when you call for a wrecker.[/quote]
Called up Hyundai roadside assistance and that's what I got. Didn't think about requesting a flatbed at the time. Good point though. You think roadside would abide by that request at no extra charge?

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I've never been charged more.... just maybe had to wait a bit longer, when requesting a flat bed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts