Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I am 90% sure I am in need of a fly wheel replacement. I’m thinking stage 2 or stage 3. I have been doing some research on what is good and what is bad and I haven’t seemed to find a good response.

Here is what I am looking for:
-Stage 2/3 clutch and flywheel combo
-Quiet or the least amount of chatter

Does not have to be lightweight. Just looking for something for my daily that can withstand a good amount of torque (stage 2-3).

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a comp stage 2 clutch and flywheel. I wanted an ACT clutch but they were in back order and I was in need of a clutch ASAP. I’m not a huge fan of the comp. SMF chatter is pretty bad with AC on and the engagement point is not the best

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a comp stage 2 clutch and flywheel. I wanted an ACT clutch but they were in back order and I was in need of a clutch ASAP. I’m not a huge fan of the comp. SMF chatter is pretty bad with AC on and the engagement point is not the best
So competition is a no go? Thats originally what I was looking into. Wanting something quiet. Is there an aftermarket DMF out there? I have looked but I have not had any luck.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the Comp Stage 2 as well. Its served me well, but it is noisy and even noisier with the A/C clutch engaged as Matt mentioned. I'm not sure what people do for anything in-between. I've seen people go back to stock clutches because of it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The flywheel chatter doesn’t bother me all that much. It’s mainly the engagement point that I’m not pleased with. I’ve had it for about 10k miles and it hasn’t caused me any problems. If I liked the engagement point I would recommend it to anyone so far. The chatter was expected with the smf.

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
465 Posts
I run the ACT Street Performance clutch and the ACT Streetlite flywheel. Love it. Great feel and engagement.
The chatter from the SMF isn't too too loud. I can't speak on the chatter with A/C though. I can't remember the last time it was on. Might as well delete it at this point.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I run the ACT Street Performance clutch and the ACT Streetlite flywheel. Love it. Great feel and engagement.
The chatter from the SMF isn't too too loud. I can't speak on the chatter with A/C though. I can't remember the last time it was on. Might as well delete it at this point.
I cannot go without ac. I understand that it’ll still work but if it’s noisy I’m not wanting that. Is there any dual mass flywheels? Don’t know if a stock flywheel and an aftermarket clutch would work but I am wanting the least chatter as possible. From what I have heard there is no way I’m getting an smf. Is there aftermarket options for a dual mass fly wheel or will I have to go oem?

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
465 Posts
I cannot go without ac. I understand that it’ll still work but if it’s noisy I’m not wanting that. Is there any dual mass flywheels? Don’t know if a stock flywheel and an aftermarket clutch would work but I am wanting the least chatter as possible. From what I have heard there is no way I’m getting an smf. Is there aftermarket options for a dual mass fly wheel or will I have to go oem?
You can use your OEM flywheel.
Or, go on GenCoupeStore and buy the Valeo HD kit. Comes with a better clutch than an OEM BK1 and it has a DMF.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts