Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The whistles go WOO! WOO!
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering who locally has an aftermarket exhaust installed on a 3.8 and if so which? Has anyone gotten a custom exhaust made locally?

I like the idea of switching to a true dual setup and getting a bit more sound out of the car, but I'd really like to hear one inside and out before ordering. I really love the stock sound (especially climbing past 3K at WOT in a parking garage.. oh man), and wouldn't want to make things worse.

I like the idea of a custom one, as most of the ones for sale on the site are quite expensive. All I care about is mandrel bent, true dual with nice X pipe and nice sounding high flow mufflers.

Any advice?

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Random, I think that going true dual is good. The best sounding TD system in my opinion is the ARK system. It's not ridiculously loud and sounds very nice.

Even better, our international shipping rates are pretty good when it comes to exhaust components. Give us a chance and we'll be more than happy to shoot you a good quote.

Lastly, a custom made system can yield an undesireable sound. Mainly because most shops just throw pipes together with the basic concept of "opening" the exhaust up without factoring backpressure/exhaust gas velocity, yada yada.

Therefore, it's all up to you. I'd say give ARK a shot and pm us. You will never look back.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Random, I think that going true dual is good. The best sounding TD system in my opinion is the ARK system. It's not ridiculously loud and sounds very nice.

Even better, our international shipping rates are pretty good when it comes to exhaust components. Give us a chance and we'll be more than happy to shoot you a good quote.

Lastly, a custom made system can yield an undesireable sound. Mainly because most shops just throw pipes together with the basic concept of "opening" the exhaust up without factoring backpressure/exhaust gas velocity, yada yada.

Therefore, it's all up to you. I'd say give ARK a shot and pm us. You will never look back.
any gains on this?
So far, I've been planning to save up for cp-e turboback as it gives another 20whp/20wtq.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I was going to suggest Ultimate Racing in Toronto. They make some nice products for the GC. Full stainless, nice welds and bolted together not clamped. But I don't know if they make a 3.8 exhaust. Might be worth asking.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I got the HKS axleback, and Megan mid-pipe. Great combo IMO for the 3.8 that doesn't break the bank. However probably not what you are looking for if you really want a true dual (because it's obviously not).

·
Registered
328 Posts
I HAD the aem axle paired with megan racing down+test pipe... If i didn't have trouble w/ my finance, i wouldn't have sold the axleback. All in all if you wana true dual go for the ARK, but if you want sound then go for a single, as I personally think its louder

BTW, Tom, send me a PM in regards of a pricing for the ARK single outlet exhaust!

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Send a PM to Kraken h3adz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts