Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I bought a 2016 base Gen coupe last year, and the only things I've put on are a carbon fiber spoiler and I plasti dipped my rims just a few days ago. Now I want an ISR Street Exhaust

genracer[dot]com/isr-street-exhaust-for-hyundai-genesis-coupe-3-8l-v6-10-16-burnt-tips (Can't Post Links)

But I live in Gwinnett County, Georgia. My cousin got a similar ISR exhaust on his 2013 FR-S and he also lives near me; However, My friend works in a garage and tells me that the exhaust system might cause a fail in emissions. I know I won't need a test until 2019, but I was wondering if anyone could help me out for when I do need the test. Thanks

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Not trying to be a downer but this is why I confine my mechanical mods to things that can be quickly and easily undone for smog and warantee reasons. Im not familiar with smog requirements where you are, most people on here dont seem to have a issue with axil back exhaust mods as far as smog goes, id reaseach smog laws where your at before purchacing somthing that will prevent you from registering your vehicle. Also consider this can change if you ever move to a diffrent state or sometimes even a diffrent county.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have the ISR street exhaust on my 2010 3.8 and i pass emissions in northern va....so talk about strict lol. You should be fine but it really depends on what they check for down in your county. You can usually find the inspection list and emission requirements online if you look it up. Good luck!

·
Registered
782 Posts
That is a catback so it does not affect your emissions at all. It replaces the piping after the catalytic converter (thus cat-back). The emissions coming out of the tailpipe is unchanged other than the sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts