Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any aftermarket shocks out yet? Koni Tokico anyone?
Seems like my rears are pretty much done...they're not leaking ...yet... but they're on their way out...fronts are still fine
Lowered on prokit...about 10k miles with the prokit.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Phase Auto said he could get some and then never divulged any info, which is fairly common for him... Aside from that I don't think there are any available in the US.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phase Auto said he could get some and then never divulged any info, which is fairly common for him... Aside from that I don't think there are any available in the US.
I'm surprised after 2+ years on the market there isn't any...
I'd hate to install OEM again only to last...a little...I'm guessing the crappy Philly roads aren't helping

·
301 whp
1,102 Posts
You would be better off going with coil-overs. There are aftermarket shocks available in Korea, but I have not priced them.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes..as good as coilover sounds, I don't want it for this application. Ride heights perfect and alignments perfect. I don't want to redo everything.
Oh well... I'll just have to wait

·
***** Know It All
415 Posts
I think that's only for the Genesis Sedan

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Fail. We'll make some calls tomorrow and figure out what we can do to expedite this process.

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
selex makes them, but they are not cheap. A set of their shocks costs almost as much a decent set of coilovers

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
^^ Hence why I said fail. lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've had the eibach pro kit for two years now, I'm getting pretty tired of the roughness of the ride, do any of you know what my options are to keep the same height but a better ride?.. Any full coilovers that you could adjust to the softest setting, I don't race... It's just looks for me.. Thank you. Ps I've been waiting for aftermarket shocks for two years with no luck... I might just trade my car in already if I can get it to my liking..

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
theres really no point in getting replacemtn struts when we can get full coils for our car for around 800. Try to attend a local meet and see what coils you like. I know for a comfortable ride i like SMA, Eibachs are nice too but pricey.

·
301 whp
1,102 Posts
You can keep your stock ride height with the coils, but for the U.S. the best option. Korean's are used to paying the high duty for quality merchandise. Most American's are not, and with the low volume for the Gen Coupe, not worth it to sell in the states at current pricing.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the input, so SMA coils huh? Do they have a setting on them compared to the soft feeling of the stock suspension? I live 3 hours from any major city.... It would b really hard to attend a meet..I'll be happy with anything that's not as rough as just the eibach springs n stock shocks..I drive alot of ranch roads on the way to work and the potholes r killing me... Again thank you! If anyone else has input on nice(soft) riding coilovers that won't break your back I would really appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Tom (G&M Performance) is having another group buy on the Megan Racing coil-overs if you want to go that way. Unless your going to be tracking hard they'll be fine. I have mine on the softest settings, and it rides 1000 times better then the OEM set-up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts