Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a complicated topic for me because I have no experience with air lift suspension systems nor have I ever ridden in a car that had a system installed, therefore I am calling out to everyone that has experience in this field or experience running these systems, please help chime in. I have decided to make my car a show car, however, she is my DD. I want to run a air lift system, but like I said have no idea what to expect with what I should look for when purchasing a system, how I know it's a reliable brand and the do's and dont's. My car is a 2013 Premium with no mods done to the suspension or the wheels.

I would like to know if there are any threads open that discuss air lift kits, I just didn't see any.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Air Lift performance is probably the most reputable brand offering air suspension for our cars at the moment, and their pricing is fair but not cheap. I have no personal experience with them but i know people who are running it and love it. I have yet to hear ANY bad things about their kits actually.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Air Lift performance is probably the most reputable brand offering air suspension for our cars at the moment, and their pricing is fair but not cheap. I have no personal experience with them but i know people who are running it and love it. I have yet to hear ANY bad things about their kits actually.
I too was told this is a good set up to run. I just need more information on this kit as far as how much maintenance it needs, how well it holds together, if this is a good set up for a show car, and how hard/rough was the installation, the cost, and how well it holds up as a DD setup as well. Of course those are pretty vague questions, but I hope to open some line of conversation with more people on it!

·
Vendor
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hideharo, you're right - Air Lift kits are considered as one of the best for Genesis Coupe. You'll be able to drop the heights up to 4''. get aggressive look and better handling: https://www.carid.com/2013-hyundai-...ce-air-suspension-lowering-kit-260720414.html Plus it installs easily and comes with all necessary wiring and hardware.
If I get this kit, will I have to get wheel spacers or new tires or wheels? I want to know what the car will look like with stock wheels and tires on air lift suspension

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Search for Iced Coffee in these forums. He had one done somewhere and it was pretty bad a$$. But i think it was out here in Cali from a place that specializes in it. I think he made a thread about it?

Reactions: ICEDcoffee

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Reactions: Hideharo

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have air zenith bags all around and i love them, great service and super simply!! Only issue i have ran into is the rear sway bars getting into the way of the bags when lowered and also the rubber seal on the bag getting worn out after acouple years but only cost 10 to replace!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I've seen a few bagged Gens with stock wheels, no spacers. It's a matter of taste. I'd rather have custom wheels to complement my air suspension. If you have the means to bag it, then invest in some wheels to go along with it imho.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Search for Iced Coffee in these forums. He had one done somewhere and it was pretty bad a$$. But i think it was out here in Cali from a place that specializes in it. I think he made a thread about it?
Hey, it's been a while! I'm not running the air cup kit anymore though. I was running into too many issues with that setup. Now I'm on Parts Shop Max bags and AirLift 3P since August and I'm loving it a lot more.

This is how my car looks like now. Actually, it's about 1/2" lower in the front as of yesterday!

Reactions: Humble1

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hey, it's been a while! I'm not running the air cup kit anymore though. I was running into too many issues with that setup. Now I'm on Parts Shop Max bags and AirLift 3P since August and I'm loving it a lot more.

This is how my car looks like now. Actually, it's about 1/2" lower in the front as of yesterday!

What did that setup run you?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Reactions: Humble1

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

See i knew you were the guy to go to for this lolz. Car looks ?.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Phone wont let me edit my post haha.... Supposed to say carblooks great not ? Lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
my car is my show and daily also I had my car on d2 air suspension for about a year and now on coilers they both have there ups and downs but I would go bags any day. now on the topic of bags I would stay away from d2 don't get me wrong for 2k to have a whole bag setup including management is hard to resist but it is cheap so keep that in mind I am about to go from my coilovers back to air ride and will be going with airlift suspension like the above has stated. if you plan on going air suspension just do your research there is a lot to air suspension but once you have it installed and set to your liking it does not require much maintenance besides making sure you are not building up water in the air tank and making sue you aren't wearing holes in your bags (bad experience haha). they are very tough and ride amazing. and if you buy the right setp can even be worthy on the track but that would cost a bit more money Imo. hope this helps out some and goodluck on your build! hope to see some updates soon!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts