Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2014 gen and was wondering on your expirence with the auto windows, When you open the door and the window comes down a crack then back up once closed for the seal.

How are they in winter, cause I know windows can freeze shut, I don't think the door can open without the window coming down or can they?

Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was in Northern New York (Watertown) last winter and the only problem I had was the ice that covered my car. Yes it was froze shut and 3 inchs of ice on my car but I just pulled the door open. Yes they will freeze due to the cold weather where you are located, just be sure to open it a coupe times a day and turn you car on. You will be fine.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
^^ That doesn't really work when it freezes over night lol I aint waken up from my sleep to do that haha.

I had a 2010 last winter and yes it does freeze but its not going to keep you from getting into your car.
in most of the cases, even in -20 or worse temps it still rolled down that half inch or so when I opened the doors as its suppose to. only sometimes it wouldn't completely roll down but the door would still open up for me.
I have a 2013 this year and I expect itll be the same case.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay awesome, thanks for the answers. I was a little worried, it gets down to -40 or more here on some nights and I didn't know if the window had to come down for the door to even open.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ya they freeze quite often in the winter and its very annoying. Opening wont be an issue when it freezes but trying to close it is kinda rough, I remember the first time I closed my door when it was froze up. I thought maybe I broke something by the way it popped.

·
Break Necks - Kill Egos
673 Posts
Ya they freeze quite often in the winter and its very annoying. Opening wont be an issue when it freezes but trying to close it is kinda rough, I remember the first time I closed my door when it was froze up. I thought maybe I broke something by the way it popped.

Yeah I was always scared that the window was going to break when I shut it.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
LOFL!! I almost sh** my pants the first time I closed my door when it frosted over on a really cold night last year haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.