Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage or personal injury that may occur.

The airbag connector looks like this once removed from the stock seat and cut:

The idea is to solder in a resistor in place of the airbag so the computer thinks it is still there. After searching HMAservice for awhile, i came across this:

So it looks like a 2.2 ohm 1/4 watt resistor will do the trick :) Like i said i will be trying this as soon as i get my car out of the garage and will post an update if it worked..If anyone gets a chance to try this before me or has already accomplished this, please chime in.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bump! What size resistor for steering wheel?

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump for that update =D
A 2.2 ohm resistor does work!
Bump! What size resistor for steering wheel?
Not sure. I don't have a aftermarket steering wheel.

UPDATE:

A 2.2 OHM resistor does work. There are other steps you will need to do to make sure this works properly.

Make sure you transfer your OEM weight sensor from the passenger seat over to your new after market seat:

You will also need to transfer the OEM buckles. I tucked them under the seat. You can use something like this to keep the car from beeping at you:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-UNIVERSAL-BLACK-CAR-SAFETY-SEAT-BELT-INSERT-BUCKLE-ALARM-STOPPER-ELIMINATOR-/261316957461?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AGenesis+Coupe&hash=item3cd7b45515&vxp=mtr

You also need to transfer this black box from the passenger seat and make sure its plugged in:

If your airbag light is already on, you will have to go to the dealership to have it cleared. My dealership did this for free.

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What changes if you don't transfer the oem weight sensor or the black box?
It'll throw two airbag light codes and your light wil remain on.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Is there a DIY or is this it SJ? Also can you post a part number and or pic of the resistor and how it wired up to yours for the drivers and I am assuming passenger side?

·
Cone Killa
375 Posts
Bump from the dead.

Wait so you just solder the resistor onto the exposed wore side of the yellow connector in your first post then plug it back in and it'll keep the airbag light from coming on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Revived, I need to know exactly which plug, there's 2 yellow ones associated with the srs system, the correct ohm resistor, and which pins to jump to or which wire to wire into? Thanks anyone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts