Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 2.0t auto. My airbag light came up on the dash and the passenger airbag light no longer lit up orange to say OFF on the center console. I checked under seat to find one of the plugs under the passenger seat was unplugged. So i plugged it back while the car was on and the passenger light now said OFF in orange but the red airbag light was still on the dash. I turn the car off and turn it on again hoping it would go away but it wont. How do i get rid of it?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
For that money I'd recommend going on Amazon or Harbor Freight and purchasing your own quality scan tool capable of checking air bags, anti lock brakes etc, it will save you money and frustration in the future.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats exactly what i was about to do. Thanks for the help. I was hoping once i plugged the wire back in, it would have erased the airbag light but they made it so u must clear it with the tool

·
Registered
2014 Hoondai 🏎️💨 GC 2.0T FBO+SFR
168 Posts
Most Dealerships have a diagnosis fee for diagnostics not for checking the code. AutoZone does that for free.
When it comes to air bag lights there are multiple parts that can malfunction and result on the same code. Don't throw parts at it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys...thanks for the replies. The only issue was the passenger airbag plug under the seat that got accidently unplugged. Once it was plugged in, it worked except the airbag light needed to be removed by obd reader. I told them this too but still they wanted to charge 169 for diagnostic so i told them if you find nothing wrong will you refund the 169 and they said no. So i said no thank you and i just bought an srs reader obd from amazon and got rid of it and then returned the device to amazon and problem solved.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2010 2.0t auto. My airbag light came up on the dash and the passenger airbag light no longer lit up orange to say OFF on the center console. I checked under seat to find one of the plugs under the passenger seat was unplugged. So i plugged it back while the car was on and the passenger light now said OFF in orange but the red airbag light was still on the dash. I turn the car off and turn it on again hoping it would go away but it wont. How do i get rid of it?
Check for a recall. I had to replace my 2013 coupe and found it to be a recall and Hyundai did not charge me a dime. If its a safety recall, you dont have to be an original owner according to Hyundai.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check for a recall. I had to replace my 2013 coupe and found it to be a recall and Hyundai did not charge me a dime. If its a safety recall, you dont have to be an original owner according to Hyundai.
So I’ve been doing research and I can really come to a conclusion but I have a goal to reach 480WHP but not quite sure what pistons or rod’s to go with I also wanna get them forged for reliability reasons I also wanna get Dayton sleeves but not quite sure if any pistons and rods would go with them just kinda curious what forged internals I could run for 480 who running around 13- 15 psi wtv really just asking for best internals wise for a 480 whp build planning to go top mount turbo but the internals are my priority. Again I wanna push 480 for DD and wanna make it last that’s why I want it to be fun and reliable

1 - 11 of 11 Posts