Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
241 - 256 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
If it's a bolt on kit it's very easy to do yourself. You just need a good floor jack and a couple of jack stands. I put mine in with a buddy last weekend in a couple hours. All you really need is a garage so you're not working in the melt off. Barring that, most shops will just charge you 1-2 hours of shop time. I'm not sure which shops in St. Albert are good, I just moved there last summer.

I am happy to lend a hand though if you want to take a stab at doing it yourself.

EDIT: If your car's been wintered you'll also need PB blaster... lots of PB blaster.
Where did you move from if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
156 Posts
From Edmonton. So not much of a move, I just don't know any of the St. Albert shops that well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sure! I had a Speed3 before this and the Speed community met on a pretty regular basis. We'd host install/BBQ days and we all pretty much kept each others cars running well and on the cheap.

I wonder if there are other Edmonton area gen owners that want to grab a coffe and go for a drive?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sure! I had a Speed3 before this and the Speed community met on a pretty regular basis. We'd host install/BBQ days and we all pretty much kept each others cars running well and on the cheap.

I wonder if there are other Edmonton area gen owners that want to grab a coffe and go for a drive?
There used to be a gathering on Saturday nights at 137th ave Tim Horton's and then cruise to the Tims on Gateway near Whyte, I went once last year. Have no idea if they still do it though.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
There used to be a gathering on Saturday nights at 137th ave Tim Horton's and then cruise to the Tims on Gateway near Whyte, I went once last year. Have no idea if they still do it though.
Hmm you know your a true Canadian when you use Tim Hortons twice as a destination>:D

Reactions: - POD -

·
Registered
49 Posts

Just discovered this Edmonton FB group today, thought you might be interested if you're not on there already.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1580431102185360/

·
2013 White 3.8 GT
721 Posts
We have met the last 2 Sunday's in a row and went for 3-4 hour cruises. The first Sunday there was 8 or 9 and this last Sunday there was 10 of us but 3 couldn't make it out.

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
| Boost Addict |
400 Posts
We have met the last 2 Sunday's in a row and went for 3-4 hour cruises. The first Sunday there was 8 or 9 and this last Sunday there was 10 of us but 3 couldn't make it out.
I'm probably one of those three as my GC is currently down for the count with a few issues.. :( lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Name: Milo Vehicle: 2013 2.0T silver Location: Calgary Mods: gunsmoke tint head and fogs, matte black wing emblems front and back, matte black wrap on oem grille, bbm lip spoiler, bebadged rear. Led Interior lights. Next window tints, hid kits from Tony @ prizm, muffle delete for now.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
241 - 256 of 256 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.