Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ah I see, that's strange, I figure it would be the same as connecting the phone to it. Let us now how it goes as I am considering getting one of those too.

You can always run the wires through the A-pillar and put it somewhere above your head, that's what I plan on doing. Just need to get my hands on a
Yea for the torque app, idk how to connect my OBD reader to it. It says you have to pair it in the Bluetooth settings but there’s no where in settings to connect a device like an OBD reader. I’ll ask around to see if anyone else knows.
And thanks for the tip on the AC controls, I do have a auto button so I’ll try it out. Hopefully it works

and no I’m not using a external mic but I’ve been meaning to figure something out, I know the regular one is complete garbage, mine came with a mic but I just don’t want any wires sticking out
I think I may have missed something in your discussion. Is the OEM mic not compatible with the replacement unit? Also, do I understand correctly, all the steering buttons for the radio and phone, as well as the console features, do work?
I despise the factory touch screen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
We all hate the factory screen lol. But yes all steering wheel functions work, the OEM volume control knob is still used, you don't use the volume buttons on the screen itself, u use the OEM control. And I don't why the OEM mic doesn't just transfer over like everything else did, it uses the cheap mic on the unit itself, I don't know if there is a way to switch it to the OEM mic but im pretty sure u would just have to do a external one

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very tempted to pull the trigger on this as it's everything I wanted but 2 quick questions for now:
1. Does Android Auto work with this (I assume yes given its running android) and any lag issues?
2. Does anyone have the 6G+128gb version, any comments or thoughts on that vs the 4G+64gb?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the 1G+16 and the 2g+32 . The sound is a huge upgrade over the stock unit but I don't use the Android Auto function. I'm using the dual USB ports, Waze app and AGAMA car launcher. I think Mr. Happy is using the Android Auto function.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very tempted to pull the trigger on this as it's everything I wanted but 2 quick questions for now:
1. Does Android Auto work with this (I assume yes given its running android) and any lag issues?
2. Does anyone have the 6G+128gb version, any comments or thoughts on that vs the 4G+64gb?
Android Auto stopped working for me as of the latest updates. There is a chance that they have updated the firmware in the last few months or so since I've installed mine. But these units are pretty generic so I don't think they get updated that often. The UI itself is pretty smooth, I haven't experienced any lag on my unit. Can't comment on which gb version is best, I got the highest tier and haven't had any issues performance-wise but you might get a similar experience with the lower tier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Android Auto stopped working for me as of the latest updates. There is a chance that they have updated the firmware in the last few months or so since I've installed mine. But these units are pretty generic so I don't think they get updated that often. The UI itself is pretty smooth, I haven't experienced any lag on my unit. Can't comment on which gb version is best, I got the highest tier and haven't had any issues performance-wise but you might get a similar experience with the lower tier.
Thanks for the detailed response sucks that android Auto stopped working but will connect with the seller to see if they are working on this, as mentioned they have been very responsive and my order hasn't even shopped yet!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks for the detailed response sucks that android Auto stopped working but will connect with the seller to see if they are working on this, as mentioned they have been very responsive and my order hasn't even shopped yet!
When questioned, the Hundai dealer in Broken Arrow (OK) said he really hadn't heard of anyone having any trouble with the touchscreens. So that's what level of help a lot of us are dealing with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ah I see, that's strange, I figure it would be the same as connecting the phone to it. Let us now how it goes as I am considering getting one of those too.

You can always run the wires through the A-pillar and put it somewhere above your head, that's what I plan on doing. Just need to get my hands on a mic lol

Oh and to reply to your question on the other post, I just set the volume knob on the oem unit as high as I wanted the max volume to be. Then I can use the volume buttons and view the volume levels on the new unit as intended. I am planning on using the breakout wires to send the audio instead of through aux though, so won't have to worry about the oem unit anymore
Hey any update on getting rid of the OEM unit, saw that audio worked without the OEM unit just no volume control.

Also any luck on connect an OBD reader by Bluetooth?

·
Registered
11 Posts
(Update) Purchased two units from different sellers on Aliexpress and I must say that the sound quality is good but the radio tuner is terrible. After doing some late research, I found that these units may look the same but CPUs are very different. You would be better off buying a unit with the Qualcomm 8 core or ARM Cortex 8 core.Your Apps will run much better than the cheaper units. The radio tuner needs the TDA 7851 chip with RDS for the best signal and sound.The unit I will be buying next will be the TEYES CC3 which offers optical and coaxial digital outout with 5.1 surround sound. This unit also comes with a mini cooler fan for good summer operation. Look for my old units to be on Ebay by the end of summer.

·
Registered
151 Posts
(Update) Purchased two units from different sellers on Aliexpress and I must say that the sound quality is good but the radio tuner is terrible. After doing some late research, I found that these units may look the same but CPUs are very different. You would be better off buying a unit with the Qualcomm 8 core or ARM Cortex 8 core.Your Apps will run much better than the cheaper units. The radio tuner needs the TDA 7851 chip with RDS for the best signal and sound.The unit I will be buying next will be the TEYES CC3 which offers optical and coaxial digital outout with 5.1 surround sound. This unit also comes with a mini cooler fan for good summer operation. Look for my old units to be on Ebay by the end of summer.
I am old guy, just looking for unit that responds to touch, like intended.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'M an old guy as well LOL ! Yes, that was the reason why I purchased the first unit but radio reception was bad in my area.
Great! old guy to old guy . I got XM radio, but I can hardly change channels or I mess up what already programmed.that is my main problem I just want something I can operate If I had known I would have gotten it under warranty.but not wanting dash pulled apart on new car (climate control etc) to be continued.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great! old guy to old guy . I got XM radio, but I can hardly change channels or I mess up what already programmed.that is my main problem I just want something I can operate If I had known I would have gotten it under warranty.but not wanting dash pulled apart on new car (climate control etc) to be continued.
The dash is held together by plastic clips are 4 radio screws and 4 display screws but the hard part is tucking the wire harness in a space behind the radio.
I'm communicating with the seller of the TEYES unit and they are saying their unit won't work in our cars but they have no knowledge of the Genesis brand.
We are using the Hyundai Rohens coupe units and have proven to work in our cars.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts