Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let's make this short.... bought car had it aligned and it was way out. Got that fixed then later bought wheels and eibach pro kit. Got installed and aligned. All was good till today. Steering wheel points to 2:30 and pulls hard right. Straighten wheel and it goes hard left. Didn't hit anything or do anything stupid. I'm stumped. Taking it back to brothers shop to see if anything was left lose. No noises coming from suspension anywhere so I'm perplexed. Has anyone had this problem before? TIA!!

·
140 Posts
Sounds like something might be loose.

·
'13 3.8 Track
858 Posts
When you say "all was good until today"...does that mean the Eibach kit and wheels were installed and worked great for a few weeks then suddenly the alignment was mysteriously off? Or, are you saying the Eibach kit and wheels were installed and it hasn't tracked straight since you put them on?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After reading the replies. The kit was installed for two days ago. It may have settled. I lifted the car and checked this morning, I didn't find anything lose. The steering has not got any worse. Like I said it's funny that I drove it and then came back and it was off. It's going back on the rack tomorrow for a free alignment. I'm going to check it out.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm very interested as the 13 RSpec 2.0T I just bought has Teins (I think) and the camber is off. The rear tires are wearing badly on the inside. I'm wondering if a regular alignment can fix this or if I need something(s).

ominousone

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm very interested as the 13 RSpec 2.0T I just bought has Teins (I think) and the camber is off. The rear tires are wearing badly on the inside. I'm wondering if a regular alignment can fix this or if I need something(s).

ominousone
A 4 wheel alignment will take care of that. The only thing not adjustable is caster in the front. I will load up my sheets of how bad this alignments were out. Also, I load up tomorrows sheet as well.

First Alignment sheet

Second Alignment sheet

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks bentsprocket (I'm guessing there is a good story behind your "handle"). I'll get it aligned. I just didn't know if there was enough adjustment available.

ominousone

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks bentsprocket (I'm guessing there is a good story behind your "handle"). I'll get it aligned. I just didn't know if there was enough adjustment available.

ominousone
Yeah, had a bicycle crank sprocket go into my right calf hit the bone and bent the sprocket. HURT like no other. I was 15 then. now I 39 and you can still bet people ask what happened to my leg. Anyways, we found the problem. drum roll.........

LOWER BALL JOINT went out.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bet that did hurt.... I got it aligned yesterday and what difference!! Now it isn't friggin squirrely just changing lanes..

Thanks for the advice,
ominousone

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bet that did hurt.... I got it aligned yesterday and what difference!! Now it isn't friggin squirrely just changing lanes..

Thanks for the advice,
ominousone
Your welcome!! I get to take mine back to the rack this weekend. Installed isr lower arms.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts