Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...or shot. Being stupid and riding my daughter's b.f.'s new pit bike in the driveway. Been a =long= time since riding on 2 wheels (motorized) and damn-near put the bike into the side of the wife's new GC. Knuckles on my left hand smacked the passenger mirror mount, knocking it forward. Looks like my hiking boot clipped the rim and left a couple black marks on it. No scratches or dents anywhere, other than the marks on the rim. This leads to my question. Are the rims clear-coated? I tried some Mother's car polish on the marks and got most of them off, but there's still a faint couple lines that we can't quite get off. I just don't want to get too aggressive and knock any clear coat off, if there is any.

Lyle

·
xFa
446 Posts
good question, if you can't get them removed, plastidip the rims :)
glad you didnt hit the car though :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good question, if you can't get them removed, plastidip the rims :)
glad you didnt hit the car though :)
That's the =only= saving grace, since we do happen to be considering blacking out the rims. One of those things where when she goes quiet and nice, I know I'm in very, VERY deep kim chee. I'd rather her screaming at me. :)

Lyle

·
xFa
446 Posts
That's the =only= saving grace, since we do happen to be considering blacking out the rims. One of those things where when she goes quiet and nice, I know I'm in very, VERY deep kim chee. I'd rather her screaming at me. :)

Lyle
my sources say that there is no clear coat on the rims, but ill let others chime in. plastidip is super cheap and easy to do. 18+ tax to black out my rims. 3 cans - 5-6 coats per tire, more than enough. just read the DIY!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my sources say that there is no clear coat on the rims, but ill let others chime in. plastidip is super cheap and easy to do. 18+ tax to black out my rims. 3 cans - 5-6 coats per tire, more than enough. just read the DIY!
So, do you just paint on the Plastidip without breaking the tire off, or do you have to have bare rims? (Sorry, too tired to search tonight.)

Lyle

·
xFa
446 Posts
So, do you just paint on the Plastidip without breaking the tire off, or do you have to have bare rims? (Sorry, too tired to search tonight.)

Lyle
mask the tire off with index cards or a deck of cards in the seem :)
just look up the DIY and watch the video when your ready to start, and you can even watch some of the videos on dipyourcar.com if you want to know more about it.

·
central fl. gencoupe club
1,371 Posts

Lyle
either get your rims black chromed or powdercoated

either one would be better than plastidipped and look 1,000% better!!

shouldn't take more than a few days to get it done

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info, people.

Lyle

·
The 1st 2000GT
1,872 Posts
She might explode soon...women are like tea kettles, they'll start screaming at some point...

Sound like it would be better for you though!

Nice dinner to one of her favorite restaurants?:D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She might explode soon...women are like tea kettles, they'll start screaming at some point...

Sound like it would be better for you though!

Nice dinner to one of her favorite restaurants?:D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
She's gonna that that anyway. Maybe have to take her to LAS for her b-day. :) Fortunately, I don't gamble and she love nickle machines. :)

Lyle

·
Lurking
219 Posts
Is the damage THAT visible from the kitchen?

;)
:hellokitty10::hellokitty10::hellokitty10::gc-Popcorn_Smiley_b:rofl::rofl::rofl:

let us know how the "magic eraser" works on the wheel please!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts