Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is this very annoying rattling/clunking sound coming from my genesis when on a rough or bumpy road going slow. I’ll attach a video so you can listen. Ignore the creaking/clicking sound, that’s the mirror and I’m working on it. Focus on the clunking metal sound. Any ideas what it is?

To make things better there’s another weird sound the car makes. When going slow after turning the wheel and straightening out, or taking a left turn with some speed, an obnoxious vibrating/shimmying sound can be heard and also felt slightly. I’ll attach a video for that sound. Any idea what this one could be? It happens about halfway through the 15 second video.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is this very annoying rattling/clunking sound coming from my genesis when on a rough or bumpy road going slow. I’ll attach a video so you can listen. Ignore the creaking/clicking sound, that’s the mirror and I’m working on it. Focus on the clunking metal sound. Any ideas what it is?

To make things better there’s another weird sound the car makes. When going slow after turning the wheel and straightening out, or taking a left turn with some speed, an obnoxious vibrating/shimmying sound can be heard and also felt slightly. I’ll attach a video for that sound. Any idea what this one could be? It happens about halfway through the 15 second video.

I would get underneath. Check ball joints and other suspension. See if anything stands out. If you can't see anything could also be wheel bearings. It's hard to tell by video. If you have coilovers make sure the collars are tight. If they get loose you'll start to hear some metal on metal contact noises.

·
Registered
16' 3.8 R spec / 1984 Pontiac T/A 400ci
7 Posts
I had two control arms replaced from a clunking noise in front over bumps at slow speed. I believe they are the type that need complete replacement as the bushing are not replaceable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts