Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, ive been trying to get a reasonable sound out of my 2013 3.8 without insane rasp. Does anyone have a video of a bk2 3.8 with high flow secondary cats and otherwise completely straight piped including cat-less headers (or with only an x or h). Current setup is NGM headers, resonators, test pipes, then resonators and with even 1 less resonator the rasp is unbearable, suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi guys, ive been trying to get a reasonable sound out of my 2013 3.8 without insane rasp. Does anyone have a video of a bk2 3.8 with high flow secondary cats and otherwise completely straight piped including cat-less headers (or with only an x or h). Current setup is NGM headers, resonators, test pipes, then resonators and with even 1 less resonator the rasp is unbearable, suggestions are appreciated.
You need to figure out whether your going for performance or sound. If your going for sound with no rasp then go back to stock headers with the primary cats or keep the headers and get an exhaust that has good resonators and muffler like solo performance which I’m not a fan of but it was nice and quite tell you get on the gas, with headers that is. If your going for performance then there is no way around some type of rasp that’s just part of the sound these V6 produce.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts