Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
she lets me drive it
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turned the stock wheels white till we find other wheels we like to put on the car. Wife hated the silver

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm just about to do this one of these weekends.... But I'm thinking black rims.... I'm not sure about the white...how do you like them?

·
Slumerican/Technician.
121 Posts
I'm dipping my emblems and wheels tomorrow. Got about 8 cans of black and gloss laying around from a previous project.

·
she lets me drive it
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just about to do this one of these weekends.... But I'm thinking black rims.... I'm not sure about the white...how do you like them?
They are definitely whiter than the car. but I like it. Getting tired of black wheels on every import out there. But that's just me.

·
Slumerican/Technician.
121 Posts
I just have so many cans left over. I figure why not use them. Even if I only keep the weeks dipped for a week. I think it'll be too much black. I think silver breaks it up nicely for now.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just so many cans left over. I figure why not use them. Even if I only keep the weeks dipped for a week. I think it'll be too much black. I think silver breaks it up nicely for now.
Are your rims white? I can't tell from your avatar....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did you plastidip the inner rim? I'm thinking about doing mine black since I have a silver car but just can't picture not taking the rim off to do the interior.

I find it annoying how quickly the rims get dirty with brake dust and figured in black plasti dip they will look cleaner longer. I wash my car every week

·
she lets me drive it
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you plastidip the inner rim? I'm thinking about doing mine black since I have a silver car but just can't picture not taking the rim off to do the interior.

I find it annoying how quickly the rims get dirty with brake dust and figured in black plasti dip they will look cleaner longer. I wash my car every week
I took them off but didn't do the inner dish. Only bought 2 cans. Can't really tell though unless ur close. They're already a light grey. If you go black I would think you would have to paint it

·
Slumerican/Technician.
121 Posts
I took them off but didn't do the inner dish. Only bought 2 cans. Can't really tell though unless ur close. They're already a light grey. If you go black I would think you would have to paint it

Only two cans for all four wheels? Do you think you got enough coverage to peel it off cleanly? I know how absolutely horrible it can be to try and peel that off when there isn't enough coverage. I only ask cause they say to use one can per rim.

·
she lets me drive it
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only two cans for all four wheels? Do you think you got enough coverage to peel it off cleanly? I know how absolutely horrible it can be to try and peel that off when there isn't enough coverage. I only ask cause they say to use one can per rim.
I coulda probably used more but looks like it covered good.

·
Registered
264 Posts
You sure you don't want black? I did mine today..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Plasti dipped graphics on my car was fun

·
2013 3.8 R-Spec
360 Posts

No reason to do the inner part of the rim, there is enough over spray with plasti-dip when you do multiple coats. Besides as soon as you re-balance the wheels the inner rim would be cleaned and either take off of the inner dip, or worse the weights wont stick to the dip and you wheels wont balance properly. Step by step DIY below vv

http://www.gencoupe.com/diy-do-yourself/180258-diy-2013-rims-plasti-dip.html

1 - 16 of 16 Posts