Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just bought a beautiful ‘12 Genny Coupe for my daughter. I’ve read this car is pretty easy to steal so I’m wondering are there anti theft devices you’ve installed or use for prevention? The club? break lock? Low Jack? Kill switch?

Any specific advice would be appreciated. She’s so pretty I want to keep her safe (both the car and my daughter)! Thanks in advance!!
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Premium Member
16,436 Posts
Hi! I just bought a beautiful ‘12 Genny Coupe for my daughter. I’ve read this car is pretty easy to steal so I’m wondering are there anti theft devices you’ve installed or use for prevention? The club? break lock? Low Jack? Kill switch?

Any specific advice would be appreciated. She’s so pretty I want to keep her safe (both the car and my daughter)! Thanks in advance!!
View attachment 78493
If it's a manual, it's pretty much an ideal theft deterrent. Something like over 90% of the cars in the US are automatics.

If it's an automatic, then change the shifter and shifter panel to a manual one, to make it look like a manual.
It's what I did on mine, never had an issue... Now if something is left inside... if someone wants something bad enough, a piece of glass isn't going to stop them.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
My coupe is garage kept but my daily is a 1996 Honda civic that has always stayed outside. I work and used to live in a no so great area of town. I've always used The Club steering wheel lock and have never had a problem.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The car looks very pretty, quite clean. Does it have a key fob? Unless you live in a dangerous area I don't it will get stolen. Any aftermarket alarm system should work great. The club works as well as the manual transmission style shifter boot/stick replacement.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Where have you heard that these are easy to steal, especially since they're equipped with an immobilizer? IMO, thieves either steal to joyride or to strip for parts. As a parts vehicle, these aren't good choices to steal because they're not common vehicles. Hence why Civics and F-150's are top of the list for most stolen.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,940 Posts
Where have you heard that these are easy to steal, especially since they're equipped with an immobilizer? IMO, thieves either steal to joyride or to strip for parts. As a parts vehicle, these aren't good choices to steal because they're not common vehicles. Hence why Civics and F-150's are top of the list for most stolen.
I hear that. If you don't have the immobilizer fob good luck ever starting it.

My other car has a manual and I took it in for alignment once. There was a delay getting it done as nobody could drive a manual there at the time. They had to call in someone.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Trust me....no one is going to steal your Hyundai piece of crap and if they do just call it a blessing that your Hyundai piece of garbage is out of your hair because this is the most unreliable, death trap, ugly, cheaply made, piece of crap car ever manufactured and I can't believe there is still tuning available for this crap car. Did you know that Hyundai didn't even safety test these cars so no crash test standards for your daughters death trap. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
6 Posts
I hear that. If you don't have the immobilizer fob good luck ever starting it.

My other car has a manual and I took it in for alignment once. There was a delay getting it done as nobody could drive a manual there at the time. They had to call in someone.
Clap...clap...clap...congratulations! We all know you have another car that is a manual. It's funny because people who have a manual transmission vehicle as yourself make it seem like the rest of society are freaking retards because they don't own a manual. I think its freaking retarded that you actually told that bs story in a thread about auto theft protection ideas. Once again high jacking a thread with some insecure bs is always your motivation. Good job you old man.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,940 Posts
Clap...clap...clap...congratulations! We all know you have another car that is a manual. It's funny because people who have a manual transmission vehicle as yourself make it seem like the rest of society are freaking retards because they don't own a manual. I think its freaking retarded that you actually told that bs story in a thread about auto theft protection ideas. Once again high jacking a thread with some insecure bs is always your motivation. Good job you old man.

Such and expert with 2 post......

·
Banned
6 Posts
Such and expert with 2 post......
Never once did I claim any fame on being a expert but you on the other hand live on this forum commenting your bs all across this spectrum. I wonder how many engines you have damaged giving people your two cents. I gave this thread the only honest answer. Your POS Hyundai genesis coupe is a death trap and no one in their right mind is going to steal a crap garbage failed Hyundai genesis coupe not either generations. That's right it lasted just two pathetic generations and the sad thing is they sold this car without it being tested properly for safety aka "Death Trap".
Signing out now LOCAL 3 IBEW NYC!

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,940 Posts
Never once did I claim any fame on being a expert but you on the other hand live on this forum commenting your bs all across this spectrum. I wonder how many engines you have damaged giving people your two cents. I gave this thread the only honest answer. Your POS Hyundai genesis coupe is a death trap and no one in their right mind is going to steal a crap garbage failed Hyundai genesis coupe not either generations. That's right it lasted just two pathetic generations and the sad thing is they sold this car without it being tested properly for safety aka "Death Trap".
Signing out now LOCAL 3 IBEW NYC!

Two post and you have me all figured out. You must have spent years here lurking. If you got a POS car too bad, all manufactures make them. I have two Hyundais and the oil consumption has only decreased over their long life times. One at 185k miles and the other at 135k. miles and run great.

A simple search on 2010 Hyundai genesis coupe safety rating gets you the data. Seeing as the car only had cosmetic changes I would guess they don't require testing every modle year. Maybe you have the answer to that?

Personally I don't care why anyone would steal my car but it would piss me off if they did and any reason they don't is good for me.

IBEW 963 29 years signing out......

·
Banned
6 Posts
Two post and you have me all figured out. You must have spent years here lurking. If you got a POS car too bad, all manufactures make them. I have two Hyundais and the oil consumption has only decreased over their long life times. One at 185k miles and the other at 135k. miles and run great.

A simple search on 2010 Hyundai genesis coupe safety rating gets you the data. Seeing as the car only had cosmetic changes I would guess they don't require testing every modle year. Maybe you have the answer to that?

Personally I don't care why anyone would steal my car but it would piss me off if they did and any reason they don't is good for me.

It's a miracle! Two POS Hyundai's that solve their own oil consumption problems as they age....Isn't it recreation time at the nursing home you live in or do they even let the dementia patients participate with the other residents? Anyway you can defend your crap Hyundai's and you living on this forum every single day probably fills that void in your life for being a total loser...Good job and please no more private messages, I am happily married with kids and I think its inappropriate to ask me if I am a teenager plus we cannot be friends so quit asking.

·
Premium Member
16,436 Posts

is this Holysheepshit being drunk again? lol

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,940 Posts
is this Holysheepshit being drunk again? lol
I can never understand the jealous desire of others post counts. If all I did is live here then it's a pretty boring life except for the trolls or occasional new problems. Good thing I live on other forums too......

·
Banned
6 Posts
I can never understand the jealous desire of others post counts. If all I did is live here then it's a pretty boring life except for the trolls or occasional new problems. Good thing I live on other forums too......
Yeah whatever you old hag. You and the other retard are complete homos. It's pretty sad that you troll on this forum for a platform meant for the younger generation. Losers like you are complete perverts. You probably have no wife or kids and due to being a sick pervert I mean you pm me several times before I put a stop to it. It's never too late to grow up and become decent in life but you will keep hanging around this forum commenting your two cents plus pm young guys. Do the right thing and just stop already. I can't believe you got away with it for this long. Freaking perverted prick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts