Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to have cured my knocking and everything seems to be running fine for 2 tanks now. Just figured I'd see if anyone has any input on ill effects? I'm just putting ~1.3 gallons of E85 before I fill the rest with premium (usually 11-12 gallons of 93 octane) so it may not be exactly E15 but close... Mainly just a stop gap until I put my methanol kit in. Filling from 2 pumps is a PITA.

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
I asked this earlier and never really got a straight answer. I have a station here that actually sells it straight from the pump.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked this earlier and never really got a straight answer. I have a station here that actually sells it straight from the pump.
Does the pump with E15 list the octane rating?

would gas milage be affected?
I would think a little bit but hopefully not too much.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
you need to just hurry up and install the meth kit an tune! it does wonders!!!! and feels like NOS kicking in! lol

·
fragmuffin
595 Posts
Why don't you just tune your car again and make it safe to drive on pump gas instead of mixing your own?

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why don't you just tune your car again and make it safe to drive on pump gas instead of mixing your own?
I'm already running 11.X:1 a/f and the 91 octane Stage 3 tune, with 93 octane gas, with just about maxed injectors. Still need to send my EvoX injectors off to get flowed to make sure they're good before installing.

Basically out of tuning options aside from dropping boost down a couple psi. Something about seeing my boost gauge hold 21psi all the way to redline makes me not want to do that :)

The meth kit will take care of it but it's been cold and rainy for the last 3 weekends, so I haven't been able to install it. I only heard, what I think was knock, a couple of times near redline. The strange thing is though the ECU never pulled timing when i heard it so I'm not even 100% sure it was knock. I haven't heard it at all since switching to the E15 mix though.

None of this will be a concern once the ecu is cracked or Dynojet releases the timing module. Just reiterates the fact that we need a full tuning solution.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm. Was hoping it was a bit higher than that. Does it say what octane gasoline they start with?

Guess I might to have to do some math and see what octane 15 gallons of 93 with 1.3 gallons of 106 is. 94-95 is probably about right though.

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
Hmmm. Was hoping it was a bit higher than that. Does it say what octane gasoline they start with?

Guess I might to have to do some math and see what octane 15 gallons of 93 with 1.3 gallons of 106 is. 94-95 is probably about right though.
crooked your fine doing it i have been mixing e85 since 1990 just if the car is going to sit for more than 1 month run it out and use only premo till its back on the road

now dependant on if its corn or wheat etc based the octane rating varies heaps

usually though in the us its corn baased so the ethanol is approx 110 ron your us fuel i beleive is ron + mon / 2 = 93 not sure what mon of corn ethanol is but assume 100 so in us ratings ethanol is 105 approx so add 15% of the 105 with 85 % of the 93 and you have your approx rating its qtr past 3 am here so i cant be bothered but its close enough!!!

ps i think i'm right almost positive about the corn based?

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
crooked your fine doing it i have been mixing e85 since 1990 just if the car is going to sit for more than 1 month run it out and use only premo till its back on the road

now dependant on if its corn or wheat etc based the octane rating varies heaps

usually though in the us its corn baased so the ethanol is approx 110 ron your us fuel i beleive is ron + mon / 2 = 93 not sure what mon of corn ethanol is but assume 100 so in us ratings ethanol is 105 approx so add 15% of the 105 with 85 % of the 93 and you have your approx rating its qtr past 3 am here so i cant be bothered but its close enough!!!

ps i think i'm right almost positive about the corn based?
Correct, corn based ethanol. Thx for the info!

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure why you want to switch out your deatschwerks for the evox injectors.
they are both rated at 550cc at 43.5 psi.
You sure about the DW 550's? I thought they were rated at 550 @ 54 psi, since that's what the 2.0T runs for fuel pressure.

BadBoyBill flowed the Evo X injectors at ~640 at 54psi.

If the DW 550's are rated at 43.5 psi then the Evos would be pointless.

·
Banned
924 Posts
You sure about the DW 550's? I thought they were rated at 550 @ 54 psi, since that's what the 2.0T runs for fuel pressure.

BadBoyBill flowed the Evo X injectors at ~640 at 54psi.

If the DW 550's are rated at 43.5 psi then the Evos would be pointless.
Positive.Almost all injector companies rate at 3 bar to keep it standardized.
You should have gotten an injector report it will say it on the sheet.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did get a flow report, can't find it though. I think I scanned it in for a post you made a while back too. Can't find it though.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
actually 35 psi has been the standard for 30 odd years! cant see why the change?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts