Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to find a gear shift knob to match my seats (black leather, red stitching) that's of good quality to replace the stock one. Found a couple Momo ones on ebay (search: Black Leather Shifter Manual Gear Shift Knob RED STITCH), as well as a Corsa one that's red on the front (eautoworks.com, black and red leather).

Any thoughts on whether they would be good or not, or if there are any better quality ones out there? I've read that universal ones aren't that great and loosen pretty fast, so I'm not sure if I should go this route or not. A/T 3.8 if that matters.

Also, what's with the lame no pics or links prior to 10 posts? :p

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
I'm looking to find a gear shift knob to match my seats (black leather, red stitching) that's of good quality to replace the stock one. Found a couple Momo ones on ebay (search: Black Leather Shifter Manual Gear Shift Knob RED STITCH), as well as a Corsa one that's red on the front (eautoworks.com, black and red leather).

Any thoughts on whether they would be good or not, or if there are any better quality ones out there? I've read that universal ones aren't that great and loosen pretty fast, so I'm not sure if I should go this route or not. A/T 3.8 if that matters.

Also, what's with the lame no pics or links prior to 10 posts? :p
Try TWM performance's offerings, there of very high quality and they have the configuration you want.

They're vendors on here too, so buy with confidence.!!

Shift Boots by TWM Performance auto accessories

Hope this helps.

BTW the lame 10 post thing is too keep Spambots away...Very good thing to do.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know there are tons of boots out there that match what I want, but I'm looking for a knob, lol.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, that second one is pretty awesome, but they probably don't make a model without the gear label, which would look pretty silly on an A/T. :/

·
barely turns a wrench
509 Posts
Yeah, that second one is pretty awesome, but they probably don't make a model without the gear label, which would look pretty silly on an A/T. :/
Oh i thought this was for a manual trans...

regardless, paint the circle black! or add vinyl

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Banned
1,394 Posts
We offer both a Red or a Black shift knob in stainless steel to be weighted nice and heavy. This improves shift feel and is also countersunk to achieve a low shift knob height. Also all of our shift knobs are threaded and height adjustable so you don't need to deal with cheap allen key set screw setups. Feel free to check out the shift knobs we offer at the link below!

Shift Knobs & Gear Knobs by TWM Performance Shift Knobs & Gear Knobs

Also if your interested at REALLY improving the shift feel in your car, you may want to check out our short shifter for the Genesis...it's the ONLY short shifter on the market that works properly and right now you can get 10% off of it.

Check out this thread for more info!

http://www.gencoupe.com/engine/53067-birth-short-shifter-twm-performance-explains-how-came.html

http://www.twmperformance.com/short...shifters/hyundaigenesiscoupeshortshifters.htm

If you have any other questions or concerns, let me know and I'll be happy to help!

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Here is a pic of my TiC shift knob

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts