• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 2158 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Seeing that Cobb doesn't want to have any interest in the bk platform maybe diablo can come through. How much more interest do you guys need to see before any r&d takes place?
Well...there's the million dollar question.

My first objective was to ensure there were not a plethora of handheld tuning options already available...check.

Second was to be sure there were some Vendors out there with experience with these vehicles that would be willing to help and work with us....check.

Third...to make sure there are people out there that would buy it, and that seems to be a 'check' too.

First step will be getting a PCM into one of our genius engineers hands and let him have his way with it. Assuming it is similar to the other Siemens box we just reverse engineered recently, it will be a cake walk (09-12 2.0 anyhow). Once we know we can do one/some of the applications, it will be time to start looking at the V6 PCM, and the TCMs, to see what can be done there.
Assuming there are no major roadblocks or hurdles to overcome from there, it will become a reality.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts

My first objective was to ensure there were not a plethora of handheld tuning options already available...check.

Second was to be sure there were some Vendors out there with experience with these vehicles that would be willing to help and work with us....check.

Third...to make sure there are people out there that would buy it, and that seems to be a 'check' too.

First step will be getting a PCM into one of our genius engineers hands and let him have his way with it. Assuming it is similar to the other Siemens box we just reverse engineered recently, it will be a cake walk (09-12 2.0 anyhow). Once we know we can do one/some of the applications, it will be time to start looking at the V6 PCM, and the TCMs, to see what can be done there.
Assuming there are no major roadblocks or hurdles to overcome from there, it will become a reality.
Damn this looks like it will take off real soon. I do believe the 09-12 2.0T uses A Siemens ECU dont know if its the same as the one you already cracked but yeah. If you crack the TCU in the A/T's im gonna be pissed, but happy, mostly pissed.. :D

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
One step at a time man.....
ya 09-12 will be easyer, less limp tiggers and more common boost controler
Damn this looks like it will take off real soon. I do believe the 09-12 2.0T uses A Siemens ECU dont know if its the same as the one you already cracked but yeah. If you crack the TCU in the A/T's im gonna be pissed, but happy, mostly pissed.. :D
a TCu is something very very hard, idk if it even communicates with the obd2 port, and it's even more limited market, in one sense.

But i agree no1 will ever argue a tuning solution, upto full bolt on, that can return you bac to TRUE stock tune, there isn't even a question on how fast people would buy, and i'm sure there will be local shops that would buy the software to tune hyundais, there a major need north and east of my area.

One personal point: i've seen so a few companys come and go with promises of a tuning solutions, even with rumors of open source, as much i as like the company, and as much as i would like it to work out as well as it's promised to, i'd really like to see you guys take this all the way.

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Raise the redline on the 2010 5AT and put me over 300rwhp, then you can have my money.

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
Raise the redline on the 2010 5AT and put me over 300rwhp, then you can have my money.
not even a man. trans can do that with full bolt on and tunes, there making a tuning solution not a turbo kit....

they can make it so a tuner with a turbo kit get you 300whp

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
I need to leave the 2.0t section more... Can't believe I missed this.

Make sure it has great (1:1) throttle controll, not the half asses **** I have with my PA tune. And please allow it to be emissions ready. Even if I put my emissions equipment back in, my tune turns off the tests so it makes it a real pain to get tested.

I like the idea of parameters bein adjustable after a tune. I don't want to deal with scaling injectors, adjusting timing, closed loose tuning, etc. I just want a solid base tune for my mods where I can fine tune boost AFR and throttle to my liking. I'm making due now with my current setup, but the PA throttle control sucks and having to deal with a piggy back on top has its own quirks.

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
not even a man. trans can do that with full bolt on and tunes, there making a tuning solution not a turbo kit....
I can do it with a new turbo. I just want a raised redline so I can spool a 20G or a 3076 for more than 2000 rpm.

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
I can do it with a new turbo. I just want a raised redline.
then ya i agree as well, redline should be raised, but idk if adjustable, the worry of someone typing in 72000rpm vs 7200rpm as the limit and popping a engine, kinda risky. maybe a control of 200rpm witch every way you want and a tuner can program in a raised rpm for built engines.

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Multiple alert boxes confirming the entry should be enough. Maybe have a basic and an advanced mode? I have no idea how the TCU knows how to shift though, hopefully it's hardcoded RPMs and we can adjust the shift points.

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
Multiple alert boxes confirming the entry should be enough. Maybe have a basic and an advanced mode? I have no idea how the TCU knows how to shift though, hopefully it's hardcoded RPMs and we can adjust the shift points.
my guess, based on ther platforms that have the tcu broken down, is the tcu takes info, engine load, tb input, tb output, rpm, boost, intake temp, pretty much everything, and has maps that dittern shift, they also probaly have contraindicating maps to reduce trans load, to high temp, to high boost, i'm sure ethe tcu has it's own limp mode some howw

also consider that the ecu must play a large role in shifting, the reason why haltech never released a a/t haltech ecu

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Nail on the head my friend!! I believe the TCU has to communicate through CANBUS to the ECU. I really hope this thing takes off. Plus I wanna sell dsmike my stock ECU lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
2012 Genesis 3.8 Track
118 Posts
I had the diablo sport predator for my 05 mustang. I loved that thing. I've had my 12 3.8 genesis coupe for a year and a half and haven't tuned it because of the extreme lack of options that work for me. I'm not mailing my ecu in to be flashed ever, nor am I going to shell out the cash to have multiplie ecu's.

If you guys produce a handheld device for my 3.8, I'll buy it yesterday.

·
2012 Genesis 3.8 Track
118 Posts

Hey Mike

I was one of the few originals to post up on your diablo sport forums requesting you guys look into this platform. With that being said I think you might be able to drum up even more interest on the Facebook page as well, there are over 2000 members there. Check it out if you already haven't, it's an open group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/10808857959/

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
my guess, based on ther platforms that have the tcu broken down, is the tcu takes info, engine load, tb input, tb output, rpm, boost, intake temp, pretty much everything, and has maps that dittern shift, they also probaly have contraindicating maps to reduce trans load, to high temp, to high boost, i'm sure ethe tcu has it's own limp mode some howw

also consider that the ecu must play a large role in shifting, the reason why haltech never released a a/t haltech ecu
More than likely, my '93 audi's transmission even had a limp mode. It would lock it in second gear. At which point I would get pissed off and drive it home with the engine screaming, bouncing off the redline.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I am also pretty sure the TCU has a limp mode, At one of the meets in Houston i went to we went on a drive and i was hittin the slap shifter like a mad man, eventually the car just wouldnt make boost. But after a while of cruising with no shifting i made boost again.

181 - 200 of 2158 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.