Votes: 11 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2141 - 2158 of 2158 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
That^^^^ is awesome and just what I am looking for....

TJ

·
Registered
14 Posts
I highly doubt Lap3 will allow full tuning capability. Not too long ago they said they would not and now they want to change their stance??? I've said it before and I will say it again, yes maybe another tuner comes along before DS, and people will flock to buy that tuner; but once DS comes out with theirs, those who bought the other tuner will end up having a paper weight. DS tuner allows many different canned tunes for different fuel grades as well as mild/wild tunes. You are also able to customize the tune yourself beyond that.

DS is definitely working on Hyundai, problem is they got side tracked with new hardware they are rolling out.

·
3point8 Performance
2,614 Posts
DS is definitely working on Hyundai, problem is they got side tracked with new hardware they are rolling out.
links on this? will new hardware be required for GC because that would suck ass as I was expecting to just buy another license for the intune?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I think he was referring to DS Mike's post on page 105....

TJ

·
Registered
307 Posts
Probably be released well after the Genesis has drifted from new car lots and found in peoples drive ways because of unreliable tunes that blew the car, owners that blew the car desperate to push out as much power as possible with what means at their disposal. They'll release the product it'll have poor sales because the ones that are buying the used 2.0 will most likely be broke kids:)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Probably be released well after the Genesis has drifted from new car lots and found in peoples drive ways because of unreliable tunes that blew the car, owners that blew the car desperate to push out as much power as possible with what means at their disposal. They'll release the product it'll have poor sales because the ones that are buying the used 2.0 will most likely be broke kids:)
This will actually herald better results in terms of people doing more DIY stuff.

The old DSM's didnt get really popular until you could find a 1g AWD GSX for $3-4k or a 2g AWD GSX for about $8-10k. Thats when you started to see more people pick them up, do DIY stuff, thats when ECMlink came around and turned the stock ECU into a pretty much stand alone bitch, capable of compensating for just about anything you can throw at it.

Sometimes people that make the most with the least are the ones that drive platform development. What they lack in monetary funds, they can sometimes make up for in motivation and ingenuity. These are the guys that will hack an ecu and figure out a cheap $10 OBDII solution and freeware program to be able to modify everything a $600 solution does.

·
n00b
536 Posts
I highly doubt Lap3 will allow full tuning capability. Not too long ago they said they would not and now they want to change their stance??? I've said it before and I will say it again, yes maybe another tuner comes along before DS, and people will flock to buy that tuner; but once DS comes out with theirs, those who bought the other tuner will end up having a paper weight. DS tuner allows many different canned tunes for different fuel grades as well as mild/wild tunes. You are also able to customize the tune yourself beyond that.

Here is where I disagree. We are a small market as it is, and the moment a handheld comes out, the latter company will lose out on thousands in sales.

Also, we keep hearing "when" they release their product. They may be working on it, but it has been two years, and the only thing we get is an occasional post from DSMike saying to be patient, etc. No target release dates, very few updates on where things stand, etc. It is just talk for the sake of talk. Until they release it, that is all it will be.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Here is where I disagree. We are a small market as it is, and the moment a handheld comes out, the latter company will lose out on thousands in sales.

Also, we keep hearing "when" they release their product. They may be working on it, but it has been two years, and the only thing we get is an occasional post from DSMike saying to be patient, etc. No target release dates, very few updates on where things stand, etc. It is just talk for the sake of talk. Until they release it, that is all it will be.
This happens with every tuning device for every platform. A newer, better tuner comes out, and the previous ones are obsolete and you have to sell for pennies on the dollar.

For example, in the BMW N54 Tuning World, Cobb was very big for end user flash tuning. New modules were $800-900, used for $600-700. This spring, MHD came out with an android app that does everything the Cobb did and more, and now used Cobbs are going for $300-400 and prices continue to drop. As long as the 2nd module to hit the market provides more functionality than the 1st, then the 2nd will be able to capitalize.

Maybe some people would be happy with a lesser product, but if the majority were, this wouldnt be a thread.

·
wannabe guru
1,365 Posts
General Public will be like "Lap3 who the F is that??"

General Public "DiabloSport? oh yeah ive heard of them they do xyz etc...." there is also a waaay bigger network of authorized tuners for DS i dont think it will be a game of whoever gets here first.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Lap3 has a facebook page with their worklog if anyone is interested. Also I think if DS had anything to offer, they would've offered it a long time ago.
Eh, not so much, Unfortunately, What DS is doing is pretty much biz as usual, Lap3 is doing what it is doing because of the fact no one knows them. How many here have heard of HP Tuners? They offer a laptop solution similar to CMR. I have been waiting for almost 10 years for their solution for my Dodge Truck, it is only now avail in beta and still not for my year model. HP will NEVER offer anything for us and if u want updates, it will only be on their forums. I am amazed DS MIKE still posts here. I fully expect solutions from everyone here but as far as a time frame...
Not holding my breath..

TJ

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,156
FWIW, we are still amazed to this day how many tuners we sell to the SRT4 crowd...they only built so many of them, and only from 03-05, and yet 10 years later it is still one of our best selling applications, and IMO, GenCoupe will be the same type of platform, hence our desire to make this happen ;)

There are SRT4s that one owner had one of our Predators, sold the car, next guy bought an intune, sold the car, next guy bought a Trinity...thats 3 tuners sold to one car, craxy to think about but its happeninjg, and its a bunch of 'broke kids' with those cars >:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,157
Wow...I really need to stop posting. You guys just want to twist everything up :)

I did not say that. I am just commenting about the fact that we see this as a market where there will always be a need for tuners, which makes perfect sense for us...that's all. I will try to be more clear and avoid analogies as they seem to leave too much room for 'interpretation'. Geez.

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
You guys were warned of this before.

Thread locked until @DSMike PM's me here or emails me with details he wants to add.

DS is now more than aware that there is an obvious customer base, the purpose of this thread has been met and will be closed until new information is provided.

2141 - 2158 of 2158 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.