Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the season about to kick off this weekend at Sebring, just seeing who else out there follows the series and will be watching.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm in here, I worked with a speed touring and Grand AM team for several years, used to travel to the tracks and work the races. Love the stuff, most of the best racers in the states are people in these series that nobody has heard of.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like an awesome job! I still haven't been to a race yet, but one of these years I'm going to actually make it to one. I totally agree about the racers, especially down in the GT classes there are some fantastic drivers.

·
Reader of many threads
1,424 Posts
Always watch ALMS and GrandAM when I catch it

Koni challenge is also worth watching

·
Wannabe Track Junky
883 Posts
Don't watch too much ALMS or anything else (though, I should...), BUT... Formula 1 2013 starts tomorrow night at 1:30am (EST). So, if I'm sober enough to remember that, definitely gonna watch that.

Also, might take a trip to the 24 hours of Le Mans this year. I always try to catch that, at least online/on-TV.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
I watch ALMS when I can. Some year I'll attend a race.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I previously did a lot of crewing in Grand-Am. Well, what was Grand-Am and CTSCC. Excited for the new merger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I try to watch every ALMS race, most F1 and Grand Am races. I hope the merger works out, but I'm disappointed I won't get to see any more races at Lime Rock. I'll have to plan a family trip to Watkins Glen next season.

If you live near a track, you really should check out a race, it's a good time. When you go, make sure you check out the paddock.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm really hoping the merger works out. Watkins Glen in my home track. Absolutely amazing! Now VIR is my home. Just as amazing. Looking forward to some track days at VIR in my coupe.

·
Pro Driver
57 Posts
I was there (sebring) racing in mx5 cup. Did you see Marc Miller's huge accident? I am really good friends with Stevan mccaleer, who was his team mate last year and I spent the week hanging with him and Marc at the cd Wilson rig when I wasn't on track. I couldn't believe what a hard hit he took.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
36 Posts
That accident was intense. Glad he is ok! I'm a crew member for Turner Motorsports. CJ wilson did an incredible job on the start of the race passing almost 15 cars. Such a good venue!

·
Pro Driver
57 Posts
Yeah, mccaleer is a beast. In all my years driving he is the most gifted driver I have ever met when he isn't pissed off. When they took his amazing pole qualifying lap away from him over a stupid mistake from the team, I know he went in pretty hot, and it only made him better.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bet! I wasn't following ST qualifying but I bet. He is a hell of a driver. Just a naturally talented driver. I just sent you an email about racing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I loved the race at VIR last year. Going to be alot warmer this year since they've moved it to August. Weasel I'm also planning to go to VIR for some track time. Where are you? I'm in Danville. Only seen a few GC around.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I loved the race at VIR last year. Going to be alot warmer this year since they've moved it to August. Weasel I'm also planning to go to VIR for some track time. Where are you? I'm in Danville. Only seen a few GC around.
Yeah, I absolutely love VIR. They have an amazing track and amazing amenities. I am in Charlottesville about 3 hours north. When are you planning on doing some track days? email me at m20b27 at gmail.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts