Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for any reported drive ability problems/ negative feedback about the new BR canned tune for the Auto. (other than the stock tune is not car specific of course). Thanks in advance..spring is coming :)

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
i dk about this tune but i have the sfr tune on my car that is auto and i love it its a totally different car n i believe hes doing 3 different locations in canada at the end of march. so u can meet him n have the car tuned

·
Registered
653 Posts
Last year, I tested AT BR about 4 weeks before the winter shut me down and I didn't encounted any issue except gas consumption up high. But that map was Beta stage and it was not 100% optimize for performance and gas consumption yet.

BR said, they had final map for sometime now and I am waiting for Spring to get those final map and test it out. 3 weeks more to wait to get my tires smooke again :D

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
We have shipped many automatic tunes since development completed.

Thus far I have had no reports of problems. Only complaints I have heard:

1. Car uses too much fuel because its much more fun to drive and is faster.

2. Tire wear has increased dramatically due to frequent burn outs

3. Speeding tickets have resulted from flash upgrade

I personally have this tune on my Gencoupe and have logged over 2k miles with no incidences to date. Cruise works perfectly. No problems of limp mode.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other specific questions.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Tim,

Just out of curiousity - have you considered working on a tune that will maximize mpgs even further over the stock tune (more specifically for the A/T equipped GC's)?

If this is the incorrect thread to discuss (as I don't want to derail the topic), please feel free to PM me to continue discussion.

:)

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Tim,

Just out of curiousity - have you considered working on a tune that will maximize mpgs even further over the stock tune (more specifically for the A/T equipped GC's)?

If this is the incorrect thread to discuss (as I don't want to derail the topic), please feel free to PM me to continue discussion.

:)
No I don't think that is inappropriate. Its a very short answer however.

The stock tune is already optimized for best MPG. If you have a wideband gauge you will notice at idle and while cruising it locks onto and says a very steady 14.7 A/F Ratio.

Auto MFR's spend millions of dollars on ensuring their vehicles get the absolute best MPG as possible. I don't think there is much we can improve on.

If your looking for better MPG, get a manual as the automatic has a tremendous amount of parasitic drivetrain loss. Or figure out a way to get an extra gear in there ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts