Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just put on my Ark grip 3.8 exhaust last weekend and went over my first speed bump today.

SCRAAAAAAPE....

I'm at stock height right now w/ coilovers sitting at home waiting for wheels. Anyone have a slammed car with ARK and if so, tell me your experience so far with scraping. I wish there was a way to mount it so it didn't sit so low.

***Note, i'm not bashing ARK at all... this exhaust is SICK in every other way imaginable.

·
Registered
347 Posts
No, unfortunately Ark is a wrong option for slammed cars.
Ark was my first choice but after a quick search I realized I need to go with other exhaust.

How much do you want for your coilovers ;)

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
I'm not slammed, only on Eibach Pro Kit, and I have not scraped once. Go over speed bumps every day, never had an issue, yet.

·
Jen Coupe
859 Posts
I'm about 4.5" off the ground so dunno if you consider that low but I scrape all the time on bumps and sometimes driveways. A way to avoid it is right before your rear wheels clear the speed bump, angle the car diagonally anyway to have your exhaust clear it. You can find a thread on my profile on how low I'm sitting. The pipes are about 2" off the ground I think, I'm about a finger to no finger gap right now on OEM wheels.

·
「まんがをえ&#
2,483 Posts
i scrape all the time with this cbe and m finger gap.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
I have an Ark exhaust and pro kit and my front lip will scrape before the exhaust will. Like it was said earlier in this post, you have to learn the angle method of clearing bumps and driveway bibs.

·
「まんがをえ&#
2,483 Posts
it's ok if it scrapes though... women dig rough saggy balls :p

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just get an Injen. I just got mine installed yesterday and they actually move the cans up a bit higher so it won't scrape as easily instead of explaining how you should not be scraping. I was on the fence between Ark and Injen and I chose the company that actually takes into account customer feedback. Will post up some pictures of the exhaust with non-burnt tips when I have time.

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
I don't have injen but here is a pic for reference of how low my exhaust is (cp-e 2.0t). Yes that's an iPhone for reference. I'm as low as stance gr+'s will go front and rear, I never scrape But I know how to drive a lowered car as well.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Just get an Injen. I just got mine installed yesterday and they actually move the cans up a bit higher so it won't scrape as easily instead of explaining how you should not be scraping. I was on the fence between Ark and Injen and I chose the company that actually takes into account customer feedback. Will post up some pictures of the exhaust with non-burnt tips when I have time.
curious to see the pic, i've only seen the injen with burnt tips. how do you like the sound?

·
Registered
374 Posts
damnn im looking to get a set of coils veryyy soon.. is it worth it on ny streets? possibly a set of wheels in the near future...

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Next month I'm going with 19s and coils not slammed buy definitely lowering it

·
Registered
161 Posts
XSLY, are you using the Eibach Pro Kit?

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
XSLY, are you using the Eibach Pro Kit?
I have the Pro kit and Ark exhaust and haven't had any problems. Just have to know how to not drive like a idiot.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts