Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tryting to buy a used engine and was wondering if there was a way to attach an engine number to a certain vehicle since the engine number and the VIN are different. I mean the way I see it is that the seller can give you the VIN of a car and then say that the engine he is selling is from that particular when it might only be an engine that will fit that car. Are there any numbers that tie the engine number and the VIN together? The person selling the engine said it was out of a total loss car bought at auction but the VIN check I did showed no salvage records for that particular VIN. Sounds a little suspicious, BUT it is covered by EBay's money back guarantee so I may take a chance on it.

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
353 Posts
Tryting to buy a used engine and was wondering if there was a way to attach an engine number to a certain vehicle since the engine number and the VIN are different. I mean the way I see it is that the seller can give you the VIN of a car and then say that the engine he is selling is from that particular when it might only be an engine that will fit that car. Are there any numbers that tie the engine number and the VIN together? The person selling the engine said it was out of a total loss car bought at auction but the VIN check I did showed no salvage records for that particular VIN. Sounds a little suspicious, BUT it is covered by EBay's money back guarantee so I may take a chance on it.
Guy probably totaled his car and didn't wanna raise his insurance premiums. Just wants to cut his losses and part it out. Been there, done that.

Reactions: SWilson3828

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guy probably totaled his car and didn't wanna raise his insurance premiums. Just wants to cut his losses and part it out. Been there, done that.
Thanks. Yeah that would be great to know but this offer if from someone who purchased the vehicle at auction supposedly. A 2014 motor with 17000 Kilometers on it, which is around 10,000 miles. That is pretty much a new, broken in engine. Just sounds suspiciously low considering the engine is supposedly seven years old lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts