Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Noob
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question 1:

Once I park the car and turn it off, it beeps at me. It's the warning sound, like when you leave your lights on.

But the lights are off, everything is shut down. But it keeps beeping until I close the door.

Question 2:

Let's say I left an overhead light on accidentally. I close the door, and lock the car. Come back later, and the light is still on, draining the battery. Is there not an auto-off feature?

Not just for the interior lights, but for the headlights/tail lights, too. They stay on. I'm a bit disappointed that there is no auto shut off feature to prevent draining the battery.

·
@CausingChaos
67 Posts
Do you have keyless start?

The car will beep if you start the car and take the key out of the car or if you turn it off and leave the key inside.

·
The whistles go WOO! WOO!
829 Posts
Not sure if you have keyless, assuming you do.

Question 1:

Once I park the car and turn it off, it beeps at me. It's the warning sound, like when you leave your lights on.

But the lights are off, everything is shut down. But it keeps beeping until I close the door.
Mine is silent after i shut it off until I open the door. Then it beeps (keys still inside!) until I close the door.

Question 2:

Let's say I left an overhead light on accidentally. I close the door, and lock the car. Come back later, and the light is still on, draining the battery. Is there not an auto-off feature?
My headlights shut off as soon as I turn the car off. However the interior lights are on a different circuit and work even if the car is off. They do not ever auto shutdown. However they draw very little power. I left one on for 12-14 hours and it didn't kill the battery.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Mine seems to beep if I turn it off and open the door to quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts