Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DJAC Vice President
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking into the XXR 507's (not sure of which series exactly), in 18's I am just wondering, how easily do you think they would bend or crack? With how bad winter was here, public works have been demolishing our roads so there are potholes, divets, and death everywhere. Rock chips are getting kicked up (so I totally need to do a detail of my car anyway), and it worries be they might also ding into the rims.

So really, my question is how durable do you feel they have been for you?

In light of that, anybody have reccomendations on either all-weather or summer only tires? I was thinking of the Hankook V12's, but I can't find anywhere that has them both for the price I am looking at. Anyone know anything about Falken tires? I see them at a lot of places. Also, any recommendations on offsets? I'm doing 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear.

Thanks in advance. :) :)

·
Lime Rocket Pilot
129 Posts
I am looking into the XXR 507's (not sure of which series exactly), in 18's I am just wondering, how easily do you think they would bend or crack? With how bad winter was here, public works have been demolishing our roads so there are potholes, divets, and death everywhere. Rock chips are getting kicked up (so I totally need to do a detail of my car anyway), and it worries be they might also ding into the rims.

In light of that, anybody have reccomendations on either all-weather or summer only tires? I was thinking of the Hankook V12's, but I can't find anywhere that has them both for the price I am looking at. Anyone know anything about Falken tires? I see them at a lot of places. Also, any recommendations on offsets? I'm doing 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear.

I don't have 507's but I do have XXR wheels.

I have the XXR522's and they seem to be strong wheels.
I've hit some pretty good holes that where not there the day before after snow here in Nashville TN and haven't done any damage.

As far as the summer tires I had to replace all of the Falkens I originally got with Nitto Envos and I love the Envos.

·
Island Coupe
1,060 Posts
I don't have 507's but I do have XXR wheels.

I have the XXR522's and they seem to be strong wheels.
I've hit some pretty good holes that where not there the day before after snow here in Nashville TN and haven't done any damage.

As far as the summer tires I had to replace all of the Falkens I originally got with Nitto Envos and I love the Envos.

Why did you have to switch tires so fast?

·
Pillager's alter ego!
325 Posts

I have the XXR 006 in 19 inch. I don't drive it when there may be a chance of snow so I can't talk to how well they would hold up to the chemicals on the road and all. I do have a ding from a rock or something in the lip on one of the rear wheels but other than that they seem to be doing well. I have also done 1 autocross event with them and didn't notice any issues. I am running a bit wider than stock; 8.5 in the front and 9.5 in the back with the stock tires stretched. When it's time for new tires I am trying to decide between the Hankook, Falken 452 and the Nittos. I have a a buddy who ran the Nitto Invos on a BWM 7 series and said they were dangerous in the rain so he switched to the Falkens.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts

·
Lime Rocket Pilot
129 Posts
Why did you have to switch tires so fast?
The brand new Falkens had radial pulls in them.

They were bad tires and would not balance.

They also caused my care to pull drastically to the right and the car was barely drivable on the interstate because it shook so bad.

Discount tire swapped them out immediately for the Nitto Envos and I'm extremely happy.

·
Pillager's alter ego!
325 Posts
The brand new Falkens had radial pulls in them.

They were bad tires and would not balance.

They also caused my care to pull drastically to the right and the car was barely drivable on the interstate because it shook so bad.

Discount tire swapped them out immediately for the Nitto Envos and I'm extremely happy.
How do the Invos handle in the rain?

·
Lime Rocket Pilot
129 Posts
I have the XXR 006 in 19 inch. I don't drive it when there may be a chance of snow so I can't talk to how well they would hold up to the chemicals on the road and all. I do have a ding from a rock or something in the lip on one of the rear wheels but other than that they seem to be doing well. I have also done 1 autocross event with them and didn't notice any issues. I am running a bit wider than stock; 8.5 in the front and 9.5 in the back with the stock tires stretched. When it's time for new tires I am trying to decide between the Hankook, Falken 452 and the Nittos. I have a a buddy who ran the Nitto Invos on a BWM 7 series and said they were dangerous in the rain so he switched to the Falkens.
Hmm, I haven't had any problems with my Nitto Envos in the rain.

No good in snow!:woah:

The Falkens that I got and were bad were the 452s.

Just got a bad set I guess but they were terrible.

·
Lime Rocket Pilot
129 Posts
How do the Invos handle in the rain?
I haven't had any problems but I'm careful about standing water.

I've driven 80 with them on the interstate in a pretty good downpour and them seemed to have good footing.

I think as long as there's not a lot of water running across the road or deep puddles they are fine.
But then again not many tires will handle driving through standing water very fast.

The Envos are smooth and seem to be holding up fairly well so I'll prob put the same thing back on when these need replacing.

·
Pillager's alter ego!
325 Posts
I haven't had any problems but I'm careful about standing water.

I've driven 80 with them on the interstate in a pretty good downpour and them seemed to have good footing.

I think as long as there's not a lot of water running across the road or deep puddles they are fine.
But then again not many tires will handle driving through standing water very fast.

The Envos are smooth and seem to be holding up fairly well so I'll prob put the same thing back on when these need replacing.
That's good to hear. Looks like you have a pretty thick tire on there. You on 18s or 19s?

·
Lime Rocket Pilot
129 Posts
Front: 245/35 19
Rear: 275/35 19

The wheels are XXR 522s;

Front: 8.5 inch 19's with +15 offset
Rear: 10 inch 19's with + 20 offset
PS

The Envos look taller because they don't have any raised writing on them.
The sidewalls are completely smooth so they look thicker than they are.

I like they look of the smooth sidewalls.

·
Pillager's alter ego!
325 Posts
PS

The Envos look taller because they don't have any raised writing on them.
The sidewalls are completely smooth so they look thicker than they are.

I like they look of the smooth sidewalls.
Nice, I like it!

·
GET OFF MY LAWN!
2,261 Posts

Ottawa, same road problems. I feel your pain. It was murder dropping drunks off at homes last night.

+20 or +22 all round for offset, for sure. I've been really happy with mine @ +22. I'm not running XXR's, but my sizing was 19x8.0 f, 19x9.5 r, and again, very happy with it.

The Hankook's are fantastic, and at a great price point. I'm wondering how long they'll stay there: they're getting REALLY popular. Heard good things about the Falken's too, but I don't have any direct experience.

Pics of my +22mm setup are all over the place, but can post here if'n you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts