Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2011 gen 2.0t a couple of weeks ago with 42k miles and it has some mods on it that you can see in the pics, but I have this problem that after a couple of hard accelerations I think my bov gets stuck open and I only get about 6psi at full throttle, when I turn the car off and turn it on again boost comes back to normal at about a peak of 14.9 psi I also get a check engine with code p2261 when this happens, any ideas? also I dont know why that solenoid is blocked off like that?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I made a before and after with yours and mine.

Remove that T fitting and caps and follow the letter designation.

A goes to top of 1st solenoid
B goes to top of 2nd solenoid
C goes from front of 2nd solenoid to a T fitting on back of the 1st solenoid.

Also pls get a straight tube from your intake to your crankcase.. looks like a roller coaster LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made a before and after with yours and mine.

Remove that T fitting and caps and follow the letter designation.

A goes to top of 1st solenoid
B goes to top of 2nd solenoid
C goes from front of 2nd solenoid to a T fitting on back of the 1st solenoid.

Also pls get a straight tube from your intake to your crankcase.. looks like a roller coaster LOL
I see the T fitting in the back of the 1st solenoid but it already has two hoses attached, one going to the wastegate the other going to some other part of the turbo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So a question on expected behavior for the wastegate solenoid bypass. What should the turbo be doing at WOT? PSI?

I have not routed pressure to the BOV, I am seeing like 8 PSI peak.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I pulled the heat shield off and checked the WGA, she does not hold air pressure any more. With the stock sys, 4psi boost, with the bypass, 8 psi. But with the bypass no P2261.
So I am in need of a new WGA. Who has got the best bang for the buck?
Please and thanks...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts