Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on the Premium Vendor Showcase so I figured it's ok to post a link to it. Did a search and all I saw were vendor posts that didn't show any pictures of the rear bumper or have any discussion from buyers.

To me this rear bumper really looks great. Close enough to stock that it looks like an aggressive version Hyundai would use on an upgraded sport model.

I'm just wondering if anyone tried to get one of these fitted.

Welcome to Extreme Dimensions :: Inventory Item :: 2010-2015 Hyundai Genesis 2DR Duraflex VG-R Rear Bumper Cover - 1 Piece

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

You mean the Vega rear bumper. I'm not going to bad month Extreme Dimensions, but I hope you do a good search on their history. I'll never buy from them, but I'm not one take a risk on fiberglass body parts again.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You mean the Vega rear bumper. I'm not going to bad month Extreme Dimensions, but I hope you do a good search on their history. I'll never buy from them, but I'm not one take a risk on fiberglass body parts again.
Well, I'm not really fond of fiberglass myself, but the Duraflex product seemed interesting. I didn't read up a ton on it, but I saw videos where they were able to bend and flex it since they claim it's some sort of blend between fiberglass and plastic.

That has me intrigued, especially since the price seems pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Extreme Dimensions body kit NIGHTMARE! UPDATE WITH PICS! May 16 2013 - Scionlife.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cu0sNuXtbc

Honestly, find a very reputable shop before purchasing any fiberglass body parts. Do your homework and then do some more research. Maybe their new blend of materials makes it more flexible, but I'm doubtful. I hate to see you waste money on a poor fitting piece that only chips or cracks away from daily driving.

If you really like the Vega style rear, look up some threads to see how the original Vega bumper fits. I guarantee that Extreme Dimensions based their mold on one of the original Vega bumpers; so if that had fitment issues then your going to have it with theirs as well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Extreme Dimensions body kit NIGHTMARE! UPDATE WITH PICS! May 16 2013 - Scionlife.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cu0sNuXtbc

Honestly, find a very reputable shop before purchasing any fiberglass body parts. Do your homework and then do some more research. Maybe their new blend of materials makes it more flexible, but I'm doubtful. I hate to see you waste money on a poor fitting piece that only chips or cracks away from daily driving.

If you really like the Vega style rear, look up some threads to see how the original Vega bumper fits. I guarantee that Extreme Dimensions based their mold on one of the original Vega bumpers; so if that had fitment issues then your going to have it with theirs as well.
Which is why I'm asking specifically about the Duraflex material. There are video on youtube of two guys bending and flexing a bumper.

I'm not asking about the Vega fiberglass bumper. You've obviously had some issues with Extreme Dimensions and I appreciate your feedback on that. But one unhappy customer doesn't make a company bad, nor does it make a different product bad. I see your point, but I'm asking about a different product (that may or may not be based on the same mold but may or may not be made of a different material).

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
It's a piece of crap because it's made by ED.
Stay away unless you feel like spending an arm and a leg trying to fit it on the car and have prepped.

Do yourself a favor and go with the Vega rear bumper. It's exponentially higher quality and actually fits the car way better.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just want to add I paid $249 for a Duraflex rear window spoiler for the genesis from a reputable seller one that is a sponsor here. I will not bad mouth them or say who they are.

5 body shops 2 performance body shops they do custom paint and body kits in town. Says the workmanship is so bad it not worth the work or cost to sand paint and get to fit properly.

I contacted the seller they refused to return it as it took me a month to contact them.. Well that month I was running around to body shops trying to see who would work on it for under 500$. Guess my bad.. anyways

I have a 249$ piece of junk in the garage.

Don't buy anything from Duraflex unless you want to add to the junk corner in the garage.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a piece of crap because it's made by ED.
Stay away unless you feel like spending an arm and a leg trying to fit it on the car and have prepped.

Do yourself a favor and go with the Vega rear bumper. It's exponentially higher quality and actually fits the car way better.
First, I did say that I'm not a fan of fiberglass. So I was looking at this product as an alternative.

Second, as far as I can tell Extreme Dimensions is a sponsor here. The fact that you can't promote your company without crapping on another pretty much ensures you will never see a cent from me. Especially since another member already said the Vega product has fitment issues and I've heard plenty of complaints about Importshark.

Third, I was simply asking a question since the material appealed to me. I appreciate Joshua actually speaking from experience.

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
First, I did say that I'm not a fan of fiberglass. So I was looking at this product as an alternative.
Uh, news flash....THE VG-R BUMPER IS FIBERGLASS. It's just a really low quality fiberglass--the kind of stuff that gives this material a bad name. The term "duraflex" is just a name they made up for marketing.

Second, as far as I can tell Extreme Dimensions is a sponsor here. The fact that you can't promote your company without crapping on another pretty much ensures you will never see a cent from me. Especially since another member already said the Vega product has fitment issues and I've heard plenty of complaints about Importshark.
They're also a vendor on just about every forum out there. Check Ebay too--they throw their junk all over there too. Also, there are two Vega rear bumpers...the one from Korea (which has fit issues) and the one made in the USA which has the fit issues corrected (before the mold was made, of course). And I could really give 2 shits if you don't want to get anything from my company. Go ahead and have problems with crap like Extreme Dimensions or whatever other GenericBodykit.com part you want. If there's one thing we do well, it's bodykits. Nobody will ever dispute that--at least without evidence.

Third, I was simply asking a question since the material appealed to me. I appreciate Joshua actually speaking from experience.
Refer to my above reply about the material. And if you really think the bullcrap people say about us is true (news flash--not everything your read on the interweb is actually true), then you might also want to do a wee bit of research on ED. You'd be hard pressed to find a single person with a body part that fit well and didn't cost a ton to prep and install.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uh, news flash....THE VG-R BUMPER IS FIBERGLASS. It's just a really low quality fiberglass--the kind of stuff that gives this material a bad name. The term "duraflex" is just a name they made up for marketing.

They're also a vendor on just about every forum out there. Check Ebay too--they throw their junk all over there too. Also, there are two Vega rear bumpers...the one from Korea (which has fit issues) and the one made in the USA which has the fit issues corrected (before the mold was made, of course). And I could really give 2 shits if you don't want to get anything from my company. Go ahead and have problems with crap like Extreme Dimensions or whatever other GenericBodykit.com part you want. If there's one thing we do well, it's bodykits. Nobody will ever dispute that--at least without evidence.

Refer to my above reply about the material. And if you really think the bullcrap people say about us is true (news flash--not everything your read on the interweb is actually true), then you might also want to do a wee bit of research on ED. You'd be hard pressed to find a single person with a body part that fit well and didn't cost a ton to prep and install.
Again, my point regarding you is that you can present your points without crapping on another vendor. Some how you felt like talking crap was going to get you a sale, and instead as I already suggested, you turned me off from both places as a result.

Your response here, unprompted, reminds me of the one and only time I met you in person. You may want to consider that in the future because I've also changed my mind on buying your products second hand as well.

You may not care for my money, and that's fine. But the way you represent yourself will also potentially impact other buyers. From what I've heard it already has. Just something to consider.

·
Registered
823 Posts

And pics of our parts installed... Half of these are unpainted and fresh out of the box.....

And that was just a quick search on instagram.

OP, shoot me a PM, i'll offer you a killer deal if you can review the part and install process.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts