Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
I promise if your depressing your clutch with the engine revving like that your going to go through it faster than you thought possible. My suggestion is take it to the dealer and say give me a rental until its fixed. You don't want to pay another $1000.00 for a clutch in 2 months. They have to or call the better business bureau lemon law division.

Better yet. go in with the lemon law division phone number. if they wont give you a rental till its fixed call the bbb right in front fo them and let them know. They have the authority to make them give you your money back.

Its absolutely ludacris you guys are driving your brand new car with problems. Dont wait for them to tell you theres a fix. Havwe them find the fix on your car considering your car is the car with the problem.
you not gonna get a Lemon Law settlement based on a "rev hang" hate to break it to ya but alot of new cars are going to have it, will it be 3-4 seconds, no, but it will be minor. It is an emmision control feature, and the Lemon Law varies from state to state but a rough outline states that they have 3 times to fix the EXACT SAME problem, if they cannot fix it within 3 attempts then you can file a report......

·
His Majesty the King
1,761 Posts
you not gonna get a Lemon Law settlement based on a "rev hang" hate to break it to ya but alot of new cars are going to have it, will it be 3-4 seconds, no, but it will be minor. It is an emmision control feature, and the Lemon Law varies from state to state but a rough outline states that they have 3 times to fix the EXACT SAME problem, if they cannot fix it within 3 attempts then you can file a report......
so take it in three times....mon, tues, wednesday......I would tell um straight up I wanted a free rental until it was fixed and that I really didn't want to have to return the car.

You can get it under lemon on this type of rev hang. It will cause premature failure and excessive wear of many driveline components not to mention causing and unsafe condition on throttle lift.

·
Thrice a charm
669 Posts
I hope nobody would try to pull the lemon law thing against the dealers, I find that pretty sad really. A simple flash is going to fix this, just give it a little bit of time guys!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Hi everyone. Look, i definately agree with you all in regards to it being a very big problem and NEEDS to be addressed by Hyundai.

A few things that i noticed in the posts and wanted to clarify:

1. The rev hanging is 3-6 seconds average, not 1. If it were 1, i would work around it and thats that. This is NOT NORMAL.
2. Engine braking DOES NOT use your clutch to slow the car down, it uses the engine. If the engine is decelerating, then it works prerfectly, however if the revs are not dropping fast enough, then the car is not decelerating, it is on cruise!!!!!
3. The car is AMAZING, everything about it was well thought out, and this issue is like the soar thumb of it all. It actually does take away from the fun of the car, no doubt and i cannot imagine Hyundaiu wanting this type of nonesense going on in Chat Rooms making people second guess their purchases.

I will take it up with the dealer once again next week and let you all know. I am also thinking of sending a letter directly to Hyundai of Canada, letting them know what this issue is damaging to our cars.

Let you know!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Just to make sure this thread does not get forgotten, I've bugged my salesguy again and he said he has had their lead technician get in contact with Hyundai Canada. When I take delivery I'll be hassling and writing letters etc.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Another bump. Anyone still have this problem? Anyone gotten any satisfaction from the dealer or a fix performed? Just asking so the thread (and therefore the problem) is not forgotten until a solution is found.

·
traction control off =]
1,295 Posts
yeah i pick up next week and i'm really not trying to have this problem....come on hyundaiiii dont let me down!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I drove a 2.0 demo car the other day, and had a lot of trouble w/ the "hanging rev" issue. Clutch engagement was rather difficult and the added sustained rpm made each change rather lurchy. They didn't have a 6cyl car in stock yet for me to take out, so I'm not making final judgment until that fact... but the 2.0 was out right then and there based on the difficulty driving.

Hope they get this resolved - 1 sec is fine, sustained is a pita...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Q:when will the 3 second delay on the rev. limiter be down to 1 second? and a spoiler added to the top model in Canada, and color interiors.
A: Mike: The torque governing feature has been reduced from 3.5 seconds to 0.1 seconds. The updated calibration is available to dealers and current owners. As for spoilers and colors, we at HMA cannot speak for our Canadian colleagues. But trust me, the car is great either way.

Found this on an online interview, is this the fix?

·
traction control off =]
1,295 Posts
Q:when will the 3 second delay on the rev. limiter be down to 1 second? and a spoiler added to the top model in Canada, and color interiors.
A: Mike: The torque governing feature has been reduced from 3.5 seconds to 0.1 seconds. The updated calibration is available to dealers and current owners. As for spoilers and colors, we at HMA cannot speak for our Canadian colleagues. But trust me, the car is great either way.

Found this on an online interview, is this the fix?
yes thats the fix, whether or not its available yet is anyones guess. i'll check with my dealer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Residual boost? More like residual bull shi...:rofl:

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I guess they think their customers don't actually know anything about cars.

The fact is when you close the throttle there is no more pressure (or "boost") in the intake. Does this moron think people have never seen a Boost gauge before? Install one on any other turbo car and watch that gauge SNAP into vacuum the moment the clutch is depressed. Is he also saying that when you drive out of boost that the throttle hang issue doesn't happen? How does this jive with what you current owners are seeing at the moment?

The problem is that if this is actually related to emissions then they will sell their customers out and they will NOT fix this issue.

This thread has seriously made me second guess the desire to purchase this car if this is the crap I'm going to have to put up with. I like the GenCoupe because it is a performance car, but if it has no throttle response how can I drive it like one?

·
Registered
289 Posts

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I guess they think their customers don't actually know anything about cars.

The fact is when you close the throttle there is no more pressure (or "boost") in the intake. Does this moron think people have never seen a Boost gauge before? Install one on any other turbo car and watch that gauge SNAP into vacuum the moment the clutch is depressed. Is he also saying that when you drive out of boost that the throttle hang issue doesn't happen? How does this jive with what you current owners are seeing at the moment?

The problem is that if this is actually related to emissions then they will sell their customers out and they will NOT fix this issue.

This thread has seriously made me second guess the desire to purchase this car if this is the crap I'm going to have to put up with. I like the GenCoupe because it is a performance car, but if it has no throttle response how can I drive it like one?
I literally agree with everything you just said. :rofl: @ residual boost and catalytic protection... So +1234567 to SM7400's post

Can we get an update on this guys? Has anyone taken it to their dealership for a reflash?
Zmeisters, you have an update? Weren't you taking it to your dealer?

·
Registered
262 Posts

I literally agree with everything you just said. :rofl: @ residual boost and catalytic protection... So +1234567 to SM7400's post

Can we get an update on this guys? Has anyone taken it to their dealership for a reflash?
Zmeisters, you have an update? Weren't you taking it to your dealer?

But the throttle isnt closing all the way, there is still some boost bypassing the throttle if its open even the slightest. I still believe most of the stupid driveablity problems are from the throttle not closing all the way on decel and at no throttle applications.

According to my guage it reads 11-15% ish at idle/decel. I bet Hyundai is keeping the throttle open in place of an IACV sensor.

That IMO would explain the rev hang and the piss poor engine brakeing.

·
traction control off =]
1,295 Posts
My 2.0 Track has this issue. The dealer did not know anything yet, but i sure hope it gets fixed soon. It makes shifts extra lurchy and a PITA to drive. The car is still awesome, but i just wish they would get this thing fixed.

·
traction control off =]
1,295 Posts
Damn, this is really looking bad. It might be left up to aftermarket reflash if they're claiming emissions is the reason.
i really hope thats not the case, but to be honest, at this point...i just want it fixed!!! :mad2:

·
Registered
432 Posts
True, I've already complained the to the dealer I bought from even though I don't even have the car yet. I also told them how bad this is looking as everyone is bitching about it in the forums. Its leaving a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

81 - 100 of 166 Posts